Groovy Tunes Echo Microphone
  • But overall, despite my initial reservations, I'm quite happy with the product
  • However, as it's extremely light-weight and not a very tough product, then perhaps if it were misused it could possibly break and become dangerous

• by Daisy2000

You might not think that buying a microphone for a two year old is strictly unnecessary. Two year olds are, by nature, rather loud already, without the need for artificial enhancement. So I wasn’t over-joyed when a relative decided that this would be a nice, useful present for my little girl. They didn’t live with her, after all!

As soon as she was given the toy, my daughter started dancing around and singing into it. She obviously found it very exciting. I was surprised that the product didn’t

actually make her sound louder. Rather than amplifying the music/noise, it seemed to make it reverberate. Taking a closer look at the product, I was pleased to discover that there were no need for batteries. The microphone, which is extremely light to hold, simply makes sounds echo.

I’m not sure how it works, but it seems to be mainly hollow, and when you shake it you can hear some kind of spring that makes twanging noises, and presumably adds to the echoing effect. So, (as you can

tell) I’m a bit in the dark about the actual technology behind it, but suffice it to say it’s quite clever! I suppose the effect can be slightly likened to what happens when you speak into a plastic bottle. Only more so; they’ve somehow made it even more echo-ey!

The microphone that we have is bright red plastic, with bright yellow plastic at the top and the bottom. Apparently it also comes in yellow and blue. There is a small length of black plastic tubing coming from its base,

• Groovy Tunes Echo Microphone
      which is clearly meant to be the electric wire. It is shaped and moulded to look like a proper microphone. About half way up the product, there is what looks like a rounded button. This is slightly puzzling because it seems as if it should probably do something, but it doesn’t. Pressing it just makes the microphone shake a bit and you get a bit of a reverberating effect.

But overall, despite my initial reservations, I’m quite happy with the product. My daughter loves it, and I’m sure it

will be equally popular with any child who likes to perform. Another bonus is that it doesn’t need batteries, and surprisingly it isn’t a very loud toy.

I was surprised to see that it’s not recommended for children under three years’ old. My daughter has been playing with this since she was two and a half and we’ve never encountered any problems. However, as it’s extremely light-weight and not a very tough product, then perhaps if it were misused it could possibly break and become dangerous.

A really fun, simple product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54402589081028/k2311a024/2.4.09