Sainsbury’s Pure Apple Juice
  • I'm not one for buying concentrated juices as I prefer to drink my juices fresh and as natural as possible
  • I decided to buy mini-cartons as she doesn't drink much at any one time, and a large carton might go off by the time she finished it
  • We will certainly be buying these again in future, and I would recommend it, for adults and children alike

• by Daisy2000

Even though I shop at Sainsbury’s I’ve never actually tried their apple juice before. I’m not one for buying concentrated juices as I prefer to drink my juices fresh and as natural as possible.

But my daughter has recently developed a liking for apple juice, and not wanting to buy Fruit Shoots or any other drink with lots of added sugar, harmful artificial sugars, artificial colourings or flavourings, I went for the simple, no nonsense, own-brand pure apple juice.

I

decided to buy mini-cartons as she doesn’t drink much at any one time, and a large carton might go off by the time she finished it. The cartons come in a pack of three, and each one contains 200ml of juice.

My daughter loved it and gulped back nearly a whole portion in one go, which is pretty good going for her. We’re trying to get her to drink more liquid, so we were pleased! What’s more, fruit juice ...

• is healthy, so there’s nothing to complain about here. (The only thing to worry about is that the natural sugars do tend to be bad for your teeth if you don’t take care to brush them thoroughly).

Well, seeing as she was so taken with her apple juice, I decided to give it a try myself. And I got a pleasant surprise. This juice was the most refreshing drink that I’ve tasted for a long time. The flavour

is very a pleasant combination of slightly sharp and crisp, with just the right amount of sweetness to balance it out. It also quenched my thirst very well and didn’t seem to lose anything from being concentrated.

The carton says that one portion can make up one of the recommended 5 portions of fruit/vegetables per day, which is also a useful and reassuring thing. We will certainly be buying these again in future, and I would recommend it, for adults and children alike!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27402589040928/k2311a024/2.4.09