Bulletproof Monk  » Movies  »
  • I think the fact that this movie is an adaption of a comic book theme helped in keeping the movie enjoyable rather than corny
  • The movie does have a satisfying twist ending and I would definitely recommend the movie to anyone

• by Manolo

Bulletproof Monk with Seann William Scott, Chon Yun-Fat, and Jaime King. I have seen Chow Yun-Fat in Chinese Martial Arts movies before and enjoy the peaceful smile that he exhibits while kicking butt of the bad guys. Scott, on the other hand, was an obnoxious jerk in the American Pie series and I wondered how he would do in an action film.

Well, I have to say that he and Yun-Fat make up a likeable team of heroes and I could not see any other actors doing better than these two in

this type of movie. Jaime King is a hot romantic interest character for Scott and she does well in the fight scenes too.

The story is pure dynamite. Every 60 years a monk is named to protect a sacred scroll that can give ultimate power to anyone who possesses it.

Of course, the evil Nazi shows up to steal this scroll and use its power to rule the world. The scroll has magic words written on it and repetition of these words is the key.

Our present Monk, Yun-Fat ...

• has the words printed on his body for protection and the last verse memorized. It is the end of his service and in seeking the right protector to replace him, he meets up with street savvy Kar, played by Scott, who seems to meet the qualifications of the three prophecies.

That’s it. We are treated to a light comedy combined with great fight scenes to keep us entertained.

There are Chinese riddles to hook us to find out the answers. There are evil villains such as the old Nazi and his hot

grand daughter.

Jaime King plays the part of Jade and drives Kar wild with her sexiness. We have woman on woman and monk vs super strength rejuvenated Nazi fight scenes.

There are specially designed torture devices. I think the fact that this movie is an adaption of a comic book theme helped in keeping the movie enjoyable rather than corny.

The ceremony of the changing of the protector ship is a fine job of special effects. The movie does have a satisfying twist ending and I would definitely recommend the movie to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11402588700928/k2311a024/2.4.09