Super 8 Motel Miamisburg, Ohio  » Hotels  »
155 Monarch Lane Miamisburg, Ohio
  • I always recommend that people take one of the rooms with a larger bed if they can because these rooms come with a small refrigerator inside
  • The one and only time I stayed in one of their other rooms, I didn't get the free fridge and it ended up being a little bit of a problem

• by Julianne Jones

I’ve had the chance to stay at the Super 8 Motel in Miamisburg, Ohio a few times and each time I stay there, there always seems to be something a little different. I can say that the staff has always been nice and gracious, no matter what happens. Once I mistakenly asked for a room with two double beds when I only needed a queen size bed and they offered to move to the room and not charge me a penny more. I always recommend that

people take one of the rooms with a larger bed if they can because these rooms come with a small refrigerator inside. The one and only time I stayed in one of their other rooms, I didn’t get the free fridge and it ended up being a little bit of a problem.

The hotel is in a good part of town, though it’s actually in Miamisburg and not the Centerville area like some people would assume. The two cities are linked pretty closely, but this one requires a small bit of a drive to reach from the highway. It’s also located in an odd area so that it almost seems hidden behind a Tim Horton’s restaurant. The first time I went there, I actually got lost and I’m not the only one who’s had problems finding it.

In the mornings they offer a free breakfast for those staying at the hotel and it’s a lot better than most of the breakfasts I’ve had at hotels. They have a variety of juices, coffee,

• Super 8 Motel Miamisburg, Ohio
      milk, cereal, and fruit or yogurt. They also offer waffles, though guests have to make those themselves. You can either eat in the meeting room or take it back to your room. I make it a habit to stop by every morning and grab a few things to take back to my room and eat. I’ve found that there’s usually a few people sitting in the meeting room as well as hotel staff and that makes things a little awkward.

On my last visit there, I

accidentally left behind a pair of jeans and called the hotel less than an hour after checkout and told them what happened. They said they’d alert housekeeping and to call back later in the day. I did and was told that housekeeping was closed for the day so I needed to call back the following morning. They gave me the runaround for nearly a week before telling me that they never found the pants, which was a bit of a letdown. Other than that, I’ve had no bad experiences there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2402588640928/k2311a024/2.4.09