Linksys WPC54GS v4

• by jesbellaine

Recently, I help one of my customers in installing his WRT54GS router and WPC54GS wireless card. I find the WPC54GS easy to setup because it has its own utility. Usually if we run Windows XP computer, we can automatically use their Wireless Zero Configuration program utility to connect to the wireless network but my customer doesn’t have Windows XP. He wants to install this to his Windows 2000 server computer. When he called, the software is not

showing up because he installed the hardware first. I have been helping others with their Linksys equipments so I knew that it needs to follow certain steps especially with their wireless cards.

I told him that the solution is to take out the card then install the software first. After that, we power off the computer completely then physically install the hardware. Last step is we boot up the PC then let the drivers installed in his ...

• computers automatically. We were both happy when we saw the WLAN utility that looks like a wave signal on the bottom right side corner of the screen.

He opened the utility and able to see his signal. He just clicked the name of his network or signal then it prompted for a password. After completing it, it gives him an option if we want to save his profile. I suggest that he should save it so it

will automatically connect to the active profile once it detected it. Finally, we launch his browser and boom! There’s the Internet!

Unlike other utility, the Linksys software is so easy to manage and configure. You don’t have to browse each tab. It has its own site survey that will allow you to connect and configure your network from there. I really recommend their utility as it really works and easy to setup!

I give this a rating of 10!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 33402587790728/k2311a024/2.4.09