Ipod touch  » Electronics  »
  • I still like it, I'm euphoric about the whole idea of full-size internet in your pocket but I found it not so useful
  • The main problem is that it 's uh, touch screen
  • Overall, I would recommend Ipod Touch to a person that needs music, videos, internet and GPS navigation all in one but if you are a busy person that needs something to plug into your ears and go, think it over

• by Marina

I’ve had Ipods for about 4 years now and I’ve been wanting an Ipod Touch ever since it came out. Well, I got it for my birthday and somehow the “fix” is not there anymore.

I still like it, I’m euphoric about the whole idea of full-size internet in your pocket but I found it not so useful.

First of all, most of my Ipods(shuffle,Nano etc) really helped me out when I didn’t drive-saving me from meaningless conversations with ever present weirdos on the bus,plane etc.

However, I’ve been driving for a year now and

I still take my Nano everywhere I go but I cannot do that with my Ipod Touch.

The main problem is that it ’s uh, touch screen:) That means,you need to touch it to activate your music,movies etc which turns out to be quite inconvenient when you have to have your hands on the steering wheel.

Of course, you can create a playlist but who has time for that when you only have 10 minutes to get to work and you want to roll!.

:) Besides,the internet is as cool as I thought it would be ...

• but you need to find a Wi-Fi network first and they usually require passwords.

Also, I never wanted an Iphone because I hate talking on the phone so I considered Ipod Touch to be perfect having all the features for a cheaper price.

Guess what, some of the Iphone apps are not available for Ipod Touch due to software differences, but,honestly,they just don’t want you to get the stuff you haven’t paid for.

An example would be Shazam-an application that can recognize a tune and tell you the name of it, thus skipping the

inevitable googling for lyrics which doesn’t work so well with techno music:) I love the way Ipod Touch looks but it’s hard to carry it around unless you have a protecting case since you don’t want to scratch that beautiful screen.

Overall, I would recommend Ipod Touch to a person that needs music, videos, internet and GPS navigation all in one but if you are a busy person that needs something to plug into your ears and go, think it over.

Buy a case and/or extended warranty and enjoy but keep in mind the downsides of touch-screen:)

Ipod touch

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16302587561128/k2311a023/2.3.09