Microsoft Power Point 2007  » Software  »
  • The alternative Open Office program that I was using was good (esp because it was free) but I am a school student that needs the best and the latest to keep up and avoid needing to waste time converting files
  • Don't think just because you used the previous Microsoft Power point 2003 that you are going to be problem free
  • I've made mention before how I think that if they reduced the price of their products there would probably be less pirating going on since there are a lot of people in poorer countries who need this program but can't afford it

• by Carl Unger

I just got Microsoft Power point 2007 installed on my computer as apart of the large Microsoft Office 2007 home edition. The alternative Open Office program that I was using was good (esp because it was free) but I am a school student that needs the best and the latest to keep up and avoid needing to waste time converting files. Presentations are a big part of some of my schooling assessments so it is absolutely necessary that I have the best software available to try and make perfect presentations. I went to Microsoft Power Point for that.

Design The design of the 2007 version of Microsoft Power Point like the other Microsoft Office software programs was a lot more complicated then its predecessors but still

was home to a brilliant modern design with a fantastic blue default color scheme. If I were to compare it to other student work software programs then I would say that it is the best that I have seen and I have seen many many other programs around.

User Friendliness Again, like the other MS office 2007 products Microsoft Power point 2007 was complicated in terms of user friendliness. You will probably need to spend a fair bit of time learning the ropes. Don’t think just because you used the previous Microsoft Power point 2003 that you are going to be problem free. Think again because navigating through this program will become a little bit of a confusing hassle even for the very computer savvy.

Price Of ...

• course Microsoft Power Point 2007 is part of the Microsoft Office software package. Even when you line this program up with other programs I can’t say that the price tag of $140 is reasonable also considering that the difference with the previous Microsoft Power Point 2003 isn’t all that grand. After all they both get the job done and that’s all I wanted it to do. Make presentations. I’ve made mention before how I think that if they reduced the price of their products there would probably be less pirating going on since there are a lot of people in poorer countries who need this program but can’t afford it. It’s hard enough for some people living in the modern world to be paying $140
        for software.

Conclusion Microsoft Power Point 2007 is a brilliantly designed piece of software which makes stunning and brilliant presentations like no other out in the market today. Though I have said that It is a little bit frustrating and confusing to get used to it in the beginning of using this product but in the end it just takes a little bit of time and effort. That is really the only complaint I have about it disregarding the price tag. So I will say this: Microsoft Power point is NOT value for money but it is a brilliant piece of software that leads above all the other presentation software on the market today. I have no problems nor do I have any issues in saying that. This is truly the best out there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 30202586731128/k2311a022/2.2.09