Man made stone Kitchen countertop  » Housewares  »
  • For this reason, knife must be used very carefully to avoid scratches with knife

• by Sweety

During the home renovation, I did the kitchen renovation and the countertop that my contractor recommended was the Man made stone kitchen countertop. The color was my choice and the countertop shade (black with white and grey mosaic design) was selected based on the shade of the kitchen cabinet.

The man made stone is easy to maintain. It does notcause any burns

but scratches can occur eith a knife. For this reason, knife must be used very carefully to avoid scratches with knife. It is best advisable to use a high quality cutting board. The stone does not get stained. I have seen turmeric stains and just by wiping with a cloth the stain gets removed.

I do clean the countertop once every week with ordinary ...

• soap and water. Other days, I just use the cloth. I do not use any hot pads to keep hot vessels though I avoid keeping very hot vessels soon after taking from the flame.

I use the countertop as a natural stone countertop on a day to day basis. It is easy to clean and entire length of the countertop looks like just one

piece and no joints are visible. This countertop material is cheaper than natural stone and is about 21/2 inches in thickness.

If you are planing to do a kitchen renovation with man made stone material, it is best to stay away from the house during the renovation. Installing and polishing the countertop would cause lot of dust and odor.

Overall, a good countertop material at an affordable price!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53202586281128/k2311a022/2.2.09