AOL scam  » Scam  »
0.5

• by destrada
      When I got my first computer, it came with a free AOL service trial for two months. I called the company and let them know that was interested in trying the service.

Two weeks before my trial was over, I called to cancel my service they tried to convince me to keep the

service by giving me two more months of free trial.

One month later, I get this bill for almost $40.

I was really upset.

When I called them to ask them about my free trial, they denied ever giving me the free trial and said that I had to pay or my service would be ...

• cancelled.

I canceled and moved to another company.

DO NOT TRUST AOL!!!! It turns out they do this all the time.

I have talked to several people that claim that this has happened to them.

If they offer you a free trial when you try to cancel, they will most likely

end up charging your credit card or sending you an unexpected $40 bill.

AOL only ends up slowing your computer down anyway; they charge outrageous amounts of money for dial up when you can get faster internet with other companies.

If you are first time internet user like I was, beware of companies like AOL.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 60260558620331/k2311a0526/5.26.06