Klosterbrot Monastery Rye Bread by Dimpilmeier  » Food  »
  • I love gourmet breads, especially with cheese
  • Then I bought Klosterbrot Monastery Rye Bread made by Dimpilmeier Bakery Ltd in Ontario
  • I thought I couldn't go wrong and I was right

• by Melissa Glenn

I love gourmet breads, especially with cheese. I have tried many different kinds of Rye bread over the years, and have usually not liked them. Either the Rye bread had too strong a taste, or fell apart when I tried to use it.

Then I bought Klosterbrot Monastery Rye Bread made by Dimpilmeier Bakery Ltd in Ontario. This 454gram package of bread was on

clearance sale for $1.

79 down from $2. 99 regular.

I thought I couldn’t go wrong and I was right. To begin with, inside the bread bag, the 12 slices of Rye bread were in another vacuum sealed plastic bag for freshness.

This Rye bread did not fall apart when I toasted it, or made a sandwich. There was no overwhelming strong ‘rye’ bread, and it ...

• wasn’t rubbery either.

This is a fantastic bread for me. The calorie count for Klosterbrot Rye bread is a little high for me at 120 calories per slice, as opposed to 160 calories for two slices of enriched white bread.

On the upside this bread contains no trans fats and gives you two grams of protein and eight percent of your daily iron from

one slice. The most redeeming thing about this bread is that its made with spring water! Which made me feel like I was ingesting something really healthy.

I will continue to buy this bread, even though at $2. 99 for twelve slices the price is a little steep.

On the upside, the slices are so big, I find I can cut one in half to make toast or a sandwich.

linda harrison says :

where can I find your black forest style rye bread in Venice,FL?

Maria Mohr says :

I am looking for a store that sells this bread, since the one I have been getting it has gone out of business. I live in the Livingston County, Mi.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27260558590631/k2311a0526/5.26.06