Sonya’s Garden Tagaytay City  » Travel  »
Brgy. Buck Estate, Alfonso Cavite, Tagaytay City, Philippines
  • From there we again asked instructions from one folk on the road to avoid getting lost again
  • I love gardens and here I saw what my eyes love to see, so many wonderful plants,roses,shrubs, herbs and colorful flowers in a well manicured ground
  • I enjoyed to the hilt the extravagant servings of vegetable salads at dinner time
  • All the more when I learned they were all organically grown in that same garden
  • This is one place you will never regret but it is better to make sure you don't get lost on your way to avoid spoiling your day

• by ladyli

The tiring life in the city could really burn anyone out and that does not exclude a working mother like me. So happy was I when my husband gave me a great surprise on our wedding anniversary last June. He brought me to Sonya’s garden on our wedding anniversary. That was so thoughtful and romantic of him. I could not forget the wonderful experiences I had at Sonia’s garden. My husband made a perfect choice of where to take a breather from the noise of the city.

We were not familiar with the exact location of Sonya’s garden although we frequently visit Tagaytay City. My husband took the direction from their website which states they are located at Brgy. Buck Estate, Alfonso Cavite, Tagaytay. The website also specified the road direction as: “From South Super Highway, exit Sta. Rosa. Take right going to Tagaytay. Upon reaching main Aguinaldo Highway, turn right towards Nasugbu, Batangas. Go past rotunda proceed 10 kms. After Splendido Golf Course and Sunrise Hill make a right turn on Buck Estate. Drive 2 kms. Left gate.”

We thought this road direction was already clear but too bad it was when we reached Rotonda that we went the wrong way. It’s good that before we completely lost our way, we asked a native who told us to go back to the “Rotonda” till we see the 7-11 Convenience Store and from there we were told by friendly folk to take a right then just straight ahead for couples of kilometers until we reached the “Pink Sisters”. So we did and successfully reached this landmark. From there we again asked instructions from one folk on the road to avoid getting lost again. So as told, we took a narrow street until we reached “Royale Tagaytay”. Right after Royale Tagaytay, we saw a street on the right downward the road. The landmark is an arch that says “Buck Estate”. As told by the good folk nearby we just have to follow the road and we did.

Not very long after, we finally saw Sonya’s Garden on the left side of the road. So

it took us around 3 hours instead of the usual 2 hours from our place but thank God as good folks around showed us the way. Anyway as soon as we reached the place and have parked our car at the designated parking area, my weariness vanished as I entered the place. True enough it is really a very wonderful haven. It is a hidden paradise that every garden lover like me should discover and behold. It is a stunning sight of a real green and blooming garden that exactly suits my love for greenery. I love gardens and here I saw what my eyes love to see, so many wonderful plants,roses,shrubs, herbs and colorful flowers in a well manicured ground. My eyes could not stop admiring them. Not only are the plants beautiful but the place has been made even elegant by the porcelains, antique jars and many other distinctive collectibles all around. The place fits the need of busy couples to find a perfect haven where they could bring back the romance once again. There are small fountains where some even make a wish and rain tubes, wind chimes that create wonderful white sound. I love the cool lounging places where we sat and stayed for a while to enjoy the relaxing view. My hubby and I romantically hold hands while strolling and watching the colorful flower beds and the floating floral arrangements. We felt like we were young again.

The winding way to the restaurant is neatly accentuated white pebbles and beautiful flowers. There are so many flowers in yellow, pink, lavender, orange, white, name it and you have it there. Those were more than enough to make me happy.

We reserved for an overnight stay which is comprised of dinner with bed and breakfast. It was worth the price of P2,800 ($60.00) each as the food were served in an “eat all you can” setting. The dining place was to me really cool. The dinner was served on a sit-down-style but you can it all you can. The cool and fresh atmosphere brought about by the abundance of plants around enhanced good eating mood.

• There were also cuts of flowers creatively accentuating the dining table. The food was comprised of healthy choices. I enjoyed the veggies a lot. I tend to go for vegetarian meal although I am not really strict vegetarian. I enjoyed to the hilt the extravagant servings of vegetable salads at dinner time. All the more when I learned they were all organically grown in that same garden.The dips and dressings tasted great to my palate. The fruits were all fresh and juicy to my taste. There were two kinds of pasta The “alfredo style” sauce which I preferred and the other one in tomato sauce along side with freshly baked whole-wheat breads with spreads. The fresh dalandan juice was so refreshingly good. Their native banana turon for dessert was made more delicious with the addition of jackfruit and sesame seeds. I also feasted on their chocolate cake. I really ate like a queen that day as I love salads. I don’t really love tea but the hot tarragon tea they served after the meal was fully satisfying.

The path all the way to our cottage was beautifully lighted with multi-colored lamps that made the night truly romantic. I am so pleased and all the more when I see the spacious tidy cottage assigned to us. The bed is neatly lined with white cover and soft pillows. I found a collection of books to read but I did not touch them as I was not in the mood to read. I loved to just enjoy the whole atmosphere. The bathroom was clean and furnished with necessary sundries. I made the mistake of bringing all I need for the bath. I did not know that even robes and slippers would be provided. Of course we have our own brand of shampoo and soap so I did not bother using their provisions. But I should say even the bathroom is impressively clean with nice curtain and I did not worry about my preference for warm water as I found the water heater available for me. It was a wonderful night we

spent there. The cool wind that freely passes through the screened windows gave us a real good sleep the whole night.

After a truly deep and sound sleep, we woke up in the morning with another wonderful meal in our breakfast as early as 8:00 am. Their Fritata and fried potato served with omelet tasted great with my hot chocolate are superb. The mangoes were so sweet and fresh along Pineapples, watermelons and papaya slices were plenteously served on the table. The morning ambiance in the garden was even more inviting. The rays of morning sun added more beauty to the colorful and fragrant garden. The whispering breeze was more distinctively felt. Maybe because it was still early and the others were yet asleep. It was all the more that I appreciated the rustling of the leaves and the flowing of the fountains. That is perhaps the best breakfast I’ve ever had in my life.

I felt like staying in the place for the rest of my life, but that was not possible. We went home really relaxed and happy for that wonderful experience we had at Sonya’s garden, I would love to share this wonderful experience especially to couples. This is one place you will never regret but it is better to make sure you don’t get lost on your way to avoid spoiling your day. It pays to ask good folks around while on your way if you feel you are not sure anymore of the turns you are going to make. Although Sonya’s garden accept walk in customers, it is better to make reservation as sometimes the place is filled with guests especially during weekends and holidays and they also do change rates at anyone time. They have a complete description of their services in the net at www.sonyasgarden.com. My hubby found their telephone number in this website and he called for reservation. But he told me the lady who took her reservation was very cold and not at all accommodating.

Nevertheless, this will not stop me from going back again to Sonya’s garden, a not so big but not so small piece of paradise.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38202585540928/k2311a022/2.2.09