Total Drama Island  » Movies  »
  • When I first saw the cartoon Total Drama Island advertising on Cartoon Network, I could only think that it was quite an interesting plot and setting for a cartoon
  • I like the series because just recently I have found myself watching a few VH1 reality television shows, and I was also a teenager in the era of reality shows so I know how these things work and these characters are
  • Thus, I found the parody to be very funny despite the fact that it was a cartoon
  • I would recommend this cartoon to fun loving people who watch reality shows
  • I think they will find at least on person in there from a particular reality television series who they have come to know and love to watch

• by RedTape

When I first saw the cartoon “Total Drama Island” advertising on Cartoon Network, I could only think that it was quite an interesting plot and setting for a cartoon. I had never actually seen a reality show cartoon except for the “Drawn Together” series which aired for some time on the channel “Comedy Central”. However, I was also a bit confused as to the age group of the audience they were targeting as I figured that it might not be adults since it wasn’t going to be coming in the programme “Adult Swim” at nights.

I also thought that it wasn’t being advertised for young children either or children, as most children didn’t watch reality shows and certainly wouldn’t understand a parody of a reality show.

The television series is basically a parody of different American television reality series from “Survivor” to “The Real World”. Thus, there are plays on different characters which are always in these reality shows from the “saucy ghetto African American girl” to the “manipulative hot girl who every man is in love with”, “the arrogant hot guy who every girl has a weakness for” ...

• and a few other of the common American reality show characters. Therefore it works out that all these characters are put together on an island to compete in different challenges where one of them will be eliminated each week. The last person standing at the end of the series would receive a total of $100,000.

are. Thus, I found the parody to be very funny despite the fact that it was a cartoon.

I have also found it to be fairly clean. I would not have though that an animated parody of reality television series did not have to involve sexual situations and indecent language. However, this was not the case in this cartoon.

I would recommend this cartoon to fun loving people who watch reality shows. I think they will find at least on person in there from a particular reality television series who they have come to know and love to watch.

Total Drama Island

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11202585310928/k2311a022/2.2.09