Linksys WRT600N and LELA Software
  • I helped her configure the wireless router so I know that there is a password encryption set to the router

• by jesbellaine

My cousin called me up because she can’t get online on her wireless computer at home. They have a Linksys wireless router model number WRT600N. I helped her configure the wireless router so I know that there is a password encryption set to the router. However, she told me that her brother changed the router’s password and even encryption. We can’t contact him since he is out of the country. I really do not want to

reset the router back to the factory default settings because it would mean that we will lose the entire configuration we made on the router. Plus, she will lose the Internet connection.

I visited Linksys site and saw that the WRT600N is already compatible with their LELA software. The software will automatically detect your settings even the PASSWORD of the router itself. We were so excited that is why we downloaded and install it in her ...

• computer. After few minutes, the LELA software opened up and we just went to the information tab then we saw our new router password. Wheww!!! Saved by the software! From there, we were able to get all the information that she needs to connect to her wireless network.

Just for a try, I was able to successfully access her router using the password provided by the software. It is really cool. I mean, Linksys created very

cool and great software that can easily detects information for their router. A lot of people really forget their password so it really saves time to just retrieve the password by just installing this software. The good thing is it is FREE. Also, this is very useful for home users who are just new to networking because it provides a wizard if you want to connect a new computer in your network.

Great product and software!!!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 33102584981228/k2311a021/2.1.09