Super Mario World
  • Super Mario World is a timeless platformer that I enjoy playing through a couple of times a year
  • Unfortunately, the enemies that inhabitant the levels don't always put up the kind of fight that I'd like them too
  • I like the power-ups in this game, especially the feather that allows for flight, although the power-ups are a bit of a let down compared to Super Mario Bros
  • I really love listening to the music used in the game - it's some of the best composed in a Mario game in my opinion and each track fits the level theme very well, such as the music composed for the haunted house levels and for the forest levels

• by GenesisOne

Super Mario World is a timeless platformer that I enjoy playing through a couple of times a year. Many of the levels have hidden areas and exists that are fun to seek out and follow, and the level design is generally complex and challenging making them a real delight to tackle.

I also like the colors used to bring the levels to life.

Unfortunately, the enemies that inhabitant the levels don’t always put up the kind

of fight that I’d like them too.

The bosses do make up for this though and they can present quite a challenge! I like the power-ups in this game, especially the feather that allows for flight, although the power-ups are a bit of a let down compared to Super Mario Bros.

That game had a lot more power-ups and unique ones too in addition to the classic Mario ones.

I really love listening to the ...

• music used in the game - it’s some of the best composed in a Mario game in my opinion and each track fits the level theme very well, such as the music composed for the haunted house levels and for the forest levels.

Some people don’t like Mario music because they feel it’s too cheerful, but I personally feel the music is part of this game’s lasting charm.

Another part of the game’s charm is, as

I mentioned, the secret exits and the bonus levels.

The secret bonus areas at the end of the game is an incredible treat that I look forward to every time I play through the adventure.

Whether you play the game on the Super Nintendo, the Gameboy Advance, or the Nintendo Wii’s Virtual Console, be prepared for a real treat as this is one long and wonderful adventure that you will want to play through again and again!

Super Mario World

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28102584851228/k2311a021/2.1.09