Equate Multi Purpose Contact Solution  » Health  »
  • There is no difference in Equate's contact formula when compared to OptiFree, however I prefer Equate because it is not only cheaper, but comes in a broader variety of sizes
  • I love the fact that you don't have to use a bunch of it when you want to clean or disinfect your contacts and also it doesn't matter if you want to use it as eye drops which is amazing
  • I really recommend getting both because you don't want the chunky monkey 355mL one riding around with you all day

• by Hasini

There is no difference in Equate’s contact formula when compared to OptiFree, however I prefer Equate because it is not only cheaper, but comes in a broader variety of sizes. I love the fact that you don’t have to use a bunch of it when you want to clean or disinfect your contacts and also it doesn’t matter if you want to use it as eye drops which is amazing. The formula goes through a 4 step process that includes cleaning, disinfecting, rinsing, and storing the moisture on the bottle. The two sizes I have personally tried are the 12 FL OZ or 355 mL and the 2 FL OZ

or 60 mL. Both times I was unusually satisfied. I’m the type of person that wears contacts all day and everyday and I even sleep in the occasionally. Of all the different contact solution and moisture replenishers I have tried and compared, I was most satisfied with Equate multi-purpose solution. I am happy that I have found a product that both removes protein and makes the contacts feel more comfortable by retaining moisture.

You only have to use the formula for 5 seconds for it to take its full effect which is great when your contacts randomly fall out of your eyeballs like mine frequently do. Once I had contacts ...

• (SoftMed) that with every other solution would just wrinkle up and dry up if they were dropped, but I dropped a contact when I was trying to put it in and it didn’t get dry at all after it had been submerged in the Equate multi purpose solution. The 60 mL bottle is small and compact and can easily be thrown in your purse. I really recommend getting both because you don’t want the chunky monkey 355mL one riding around with you all day.

Another perk is that it usually comes with a coupon that saves you money for the next time you get some! A friendly tip, you shouldn’t buy

it if you have contacts that are not replaced within 30 days or less because firstly not only is that retarded, but it wont really have an effect on the contacts because they already retain their own moisturize (the long lasting kind). I really would recommend this Equate multipurpose to anyone especially a student or a teacher who does not really have time for their dried out contacts to moisturized and cleaned. It’s cheap, easy to use, and works fast, which is very beneficial for all of us! In addition, your eyes feel better and moisturized and not irritated, which is really the reason we want good products to better our overall eyesight!

Dawn says :

Sneaky I bought this thinking it was Baush and Loomb because it is packaged the same. Let me tell you, it is definitely NOT the same at all I figured I would try this anyway since I bought it, and have been regretting that decision ever since I haven’t been able to wear my contacts since I started with this product because it burns my eyes to the point I have to keep them covered I have had to make my own saline solution to try to wash my contacts and store them in until I can get to the store to buy the proper solution that won’t turn my eyes the bright red colour of a fire truck Definitely do NOT recommend this product at all, and will never again be buying any contact lens solution from that store.

mary says :

re : There is no difference in Equate’s contact formula when compared to OptiFree, however I prefer Equate because it is not only cheaper, but comes in a broader variety of sizes
    The should be removed from the market. If it is exactly the same, then how come it made my eyes sticky and contacts so dry that they hurt. I thought it was an airborne allergy, but I bought my regular opti free pure moist, threw out my contacts and started over. No problems. IT IS NOT THE SAME AS PURE MOIST. Will report this to my eye doctor to have it reported to the FDA.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34102584811228/k2311a021/2.1.09