Chateau Waikiki Condominiums  » Real estate  »
411 Hobron Lane Hon HI 96815
  • I was even more impressed by the grounds of the place
  • Now, back then, it seemed like overkill to me to have both a security gaurd and a secured entrance as well but I thought it was cool anyway
  • Today, I know what a terrible neighborhood this condo is in, and no amount of security is enough for me to live there
  • So, it is conveniently located, but that is the only good thing about this condo building though, in my opinion
  • Parking in this part of the city is nearly impossible, so if you are into having friends over, be sure to consider this a problem

• by Hawaii Reviewer

I first saw this place a few years ago when a friend invited me over for a party. I was absolutely amazed at how beautiful and large her one bedroom unit was. I was even more impressed by the grounds of the place. The building has a secured entry and a security gaurd who sits at a booth just inside the front entrance in the lobby to make sure the building is secure at all times. Now, back then, it seemed like overkill to me to have both

a security gaurd and a secured entrance as well but I thought it was cool anyway. Today, I know what a terrible neighborhood this condo is in, and no amount of security is enough for me to live there.

This condo is located at the west end of Waikiki across the street from eaton square which houses several shops and doctor’s offices, a bank, and even a full sized very nice grocery store with a deli. Also, there are plenty of other restaurants, shops and activities only a short walk away.

• The nearest beach is a bit far though, next to the Hilton Hawaiian Village. So, it is conveniently located, but that is the only good thing about this condo building though, in my opinion.

The once nice ocean views that were visable from the floor to ceiling windows in this building no longer exist since another tall high rise building was built right across the street from it. Every view in the chateau has been eclipsed by this new building that was just completed. Okay, so the amenities at

this place are pretty cool. They have a gym that used to have an incredible view, but now it looks right at the new building across the street. There is a swimming pool sauna jacuzzi and bbq grills and a large deck with a putting green. Oh, one more thing….there are only a few guest parking stalls and they are always full. Parking in this part of the city is nearly impossible, so if you are into having friends over, be sure to consider this a problem. Hope this helps!

Rita Ann Loose says :

I read the review as posted it suggests that there is a security problem in that neighborhood. I just filled out an application to live in the 411 Hobron Ave., Chateau Waikiki. I would like to know what the reviewer meant when she said there couldn`t be enough security in that building for her to live in that neighborhood, even though the bldg. has security and a security guard inside the entrance doors. Is this a dangerous neighborhood? Please respond. Rita Ann Loose.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 62102584791228/k2311a021/2.1.09