Olympus VN-4100PC Digital Voice Recorder
  • I do recommend reading the instructions though because the instructions provide several good tips to maximizing the effectiveness of the recorder so that background noise is reduced to the lowest levels possible

• by GenesisOne

I feel the Olympus VN-4100PC is a very good product at a reasonable price. I use it when I need to record business meetings that I have and for training purposes with new employees so they can hear exactly how a customer should be treated.

I also find this recorder very valuable for simple things, like creating a list of things

that I need to do so that I don’t forget.

As far as recording voices go, this recorder serves its purpose, but if there is music other other voices in the background while I’m attempting to record something, I won’t use it because I’ve found that the area has to be close to being nice and quiet otherwise it can be ...

• difficult to distinguish the voices on the recorder.

I really like how it’s small enough to put in my pants pocket or coat pockets and it’s so light that I sometimes forget its in there! Using it is real simple too.

recorder so that background noise is reduced to the lowest levels possible.

Although it feels fairly durable, I recommend that a person handle this recorder with care as it is just intended for personal use and not professional, so it might not be as well-built.

I do recommend it though as it seems to be a pretty efficient and reliable product.

Betty Howell says :

My important files seems to be locked and i am unable to get them opened. When i open my Digital wave player only a folder called Recorder Folder appears. How can i get to view my files in folder A, B, C or D. Need reply urgently.

Galega says :

This seems to be a software related issue. I would suggest you to first uninstall the Olympus Voice Recorder software. And, then reinstall it. Now, connect your device and open it. Now, your device should work perfectly.

GenesisOne replies :

Hi, Have you tried uninstalling and then re-installing the Digital Wave Player software? Although I have not experienced the problem that you are, I have found in the past that uninstalling and then re-installing software sometimes corrects the problem. Have you attempted to access the Recorder Folder on your computer?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16102584751228/k2311a021/2.1.09