Creative Zen Stone: MP3 player  » Electronics  »
  • I bought this device solely for its size teeny
  • However, I have never used other kinds long enough to know if this is a common problem for ear buds

• by KiwiBird

I bought this device solely for its size teeny! and have been surprised at how good it is for something so small. It needed to fit in my pocket while I was running, or down the front of my shirt (you know what I mean, girls) as my gym gear doesn’t have pockets. So it having no sharp corners was a definite bonus! It’s a dinky thing, so small I could almost swallow it. Yet it sounds great and

has a reasonable battery life.

A huge plus for me are the ear buds. Other ear buds I have tried have been too uncomfortable to bear for very long. These little guys don’t hurt! Sometimes the squishy outer casing of the ear bud falls off can be quite a task to replace while full tilt on the treadmill! However, I have never used other kinds long enough to know if this is a common problem for ear buds.

So far I ...

• have around 25 albums stored on the device and it’s got plenty more space to be filled, so I won’t be running out of portable music any time soon. Drag and drop straight from my computer, pretty much fool proof! Though the time it takes to transfer music files can be pretty hit and miss sometimes a couple of seconds, sometimes over five minutes per album but this may be idiosyncratic of my computer.

What is annoying, however, that it

didn’t come with a plug-it-straight-into-the-wall recharger. Instead, I have to turn on my computer and plug it into a USB port. It takes a wee while to charge, and if I am not attending to my computer it goes to sleep and the Zen is no longer charging this can be quite a nuisance when I am busy with other things.

That said, this is a pretty awesome little beastie. Cheap (cheaper than those darn ubiquitous ipods) and cheerful, and I wouldn’t be without it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162901583330931/k2311a0129/1.29.09