2005 Hyundai Elantra  » Cars  »
2.5
  • But I noticed that once I approached 80 mph (yes, I know that's speeding), the little car was wobbling all over the place--and felt really unstable
  • I reduced the speed to avoid losing control over the car

• by Famous
      Hyundai sure has come a long way with its vehicles. I can recall when the name Hyundai was synonymous with “cheap”, “flimsy”, and “unreliable”. Well, it seems that only one of these adjectives holds true today…and that’s “flimsy”.

Hyundai’s are no longer cheap (as in inexpensive) to purchase. But their driving and maintenance quality has improved.

The one thing that hasn’t changed, is it’s hollow feel. I rented a 2005 Hyundai Elantra which has some really nice features, power

everything, even a sunroof.

The sunroof was actually a nice touch, the only thing on this Elantra that really looks “classy”. The pick-up and suspension on the ride are pretty good.

They’re making a lot of 4-cylinder cars really fast these days. But I noticed that once I approached 80 mph (yes, I know that’s speeding), the little car was wobbling all over the place–and felt really unstable.

I reduced the speed to avoid losing control over the car. I can ...

• tell that it’s the make of the Elantra sedan that caused the spacy control on the road, because it wasn’t a windy day.

Other than that, the 2005 Elantra provides a really smooth drive. I don’t know that I would be comfortable on long drives, because the leg room (especially for tall people) is lacking.

It’s not a really comfortable car to sit in for long periods of time. And I find the manual [rolling] seat adjustments to be tedious to use.

They also don’t provide much mobility in seating customization. This car is probably great for a first-time driver.

The gauges are simple to read, and there really aren’t too many bells and whistles. I have checked the Elantra out online to see what this car sells for, and the average “decked out” version costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $15K or more.

That’s not terrible. But I’m going to spend $15K for a brand NEW car, I’d rather not have a “kite on wheels”.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9250558320331/k2311a0525/5.25.06