Da Smoke House Waikiki
0.5
440 Hobron Ln Honolulu HI 96815
  • In fact, you should consider trying the BBQ at their fine Deli instead
  • On the other hand, if you want to avoid being caught in the middle of a raid, don't eat here
  • I recommend trying this at the bar because I do not want you to waste your money in the restaurant
  • Well, unfortunately we ate there once before knowing, and I gave it a second chance and met a friend for drinks at the bar one night

• by Hawaii Reviewer

This place is located in the Eaton Square market place at the beginning of Waikiki in the not so good part of town. While the Eaton Square condominiums are pretty nice, you must beware of the immediate surrounding ghetto. I mean, look down the street and around the corner and you will see what I mean. There is a real criminal element to this area, despite this little Oasis of Eaton Square. In fact, Eaton square is really cute and respectable for the most part. It is just this one tenant that is making the place so awful. It is right next door to a very nice Food Pantry store. In fact, you should consider trying the BBQ at their fine Deli instead.

This Smokehouse BBQ

Place is a real dive restaurant. I would stay clear of it if I were you. Serious drug dealers hang out here, and the place is totally unsanitary. The workers really do not take care to wash their hands or put their long dreadlocks and surfer hair back before handling food. The food here is nothing special. They claim to serve a variety of outstanding BBQ meats and side dishes like chicken ribs and the usual fare, only, there is really nothing exceptional about it. I make better BBQ on my grill at home, and Chili’s ribs beat these ribs by a long shot just to give you a feel for the quality of the food at this place. Now, to add to the far from exceptional ...

• food here, the place is dark, dingy, and dirty. There are several inside tables packed close together in a very small space. The bar takes up the other half of the room, and the barstools encroach into the dining room space. There is nothing fancy about this place, and it is an extremely shady hangout. So, if you like mixing with the criminal element, dine here and you should fit right in. On the other hand, if you want to avoid being caught in the middle of a raid, don’t eat here.

Besides, the service is soooooo slow and bad. If you don’t believe me, try sitting at the bar where there is usually only a few characters hanging out at any given time, and see how

long it takes to be served there. I recommend trying this at the bar because I do not want you to waste your money in the restaurant. The bartender looks like she has been awake for days and the people you’ll be rubbing elbows with are just plain scary. So, how do I know all this? Well, unfortunately we ate there once before knowing, and I gave it a second chance and met a friend for drinks at the bar one night. Also, I often shop right next door, and I always make a point to look inside to see if it has changed at all. I am here to tell you that it just keeps getting worse. Try BBQ anywhere else but here while in Waikiki.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72901582320731/k2311a0129/1.29.09