Mercedes Benz 190E 2.6  » Cars  »
  • Mercedes Benz 190E 2.6 is the best car I had
  • Based on my experience, there is nothing bad with this car, but I have a small issue about the temperature
  • But when you fix the fan, it solved the problem forever
  • I really love this car very much,but it is very sad I have to sell that car, because I need some money to pay my school

• by dimas

Mercedes Benz 190E 2.6 is the best car I had.

I had this car around five years ago. You can only have this series of Mercedes Benz, by contacting view people who are hobbies with Mercedes Benz. Because this series, only exist the build up version. In Indonesia, not all Mercedes series made in the country. So you have to import it by your self or find it from collector.

Mercedes Benz 190E comes with small sedan size. Because of the compact size, some people in Indonesia call it Baby Benz. It comes in four doors, and different engine size. There are view engine size you

can easily find here, 2.3 littre, 2.5 littre and the best on is 2.6 littre.

Mine is 2.6 littre, comes in silver tone colour. It has two tone colours, metallic silver and grey. Even though it is an old car, but surely Mercedes put a high quality standard on their product. All the materials are based on high quality. This car got electric sun roof, which can work in two ways, tilt and slide. Not many cars here in Indonesia have this technology at that time. It has adjustable head lamp, which you can change to make it higher or lower light. It already ...

• have electric mirror for it side mirror. So it it easyer to adjust the mirror.

On the interior, this car comes with full leather. From the seat until the dashboard and door side. Mine comes with dark blue leather, and porforated profile on the seat. Porforated mean, there are many small holes as the profile. The stearing also covered with dark blue leather. This full leather model, make the car more exclusive.

Because of its big engine, this car could run more than 200 km per hour. The torque is very big, and because of it small body, it feels even more powerful.

Based on my experience,

there is nothing bad with this car, but I have a small issue about the temperature. It was easily get over heated. But when you fix the fan, it solved the problem forever. Another thing to be noted, it is a built up car, so some of them did not come with appropriate letter. So you have to give extra money to make the letter.

I really love this car very much,but it is very sad I have to sell that car, because I need some money to pay my school. But this car makes me love Mercedes Benz, because it was my first experience with car.

m.a.khan says :

Is it normal? My benz when cold starts, oil pressure nidle goes up , But when it is warm up pressure indicator goes to zeroo.And it comes up on 1700 to 20,00 rpm I will be thank full for repply Majid

Jules Li says :

Yes, it is normal for the pressure to be higher than normal on cold starts. Just make sure that it goes back to normal after it idles out.

m.a.khan says :

oil pressure indicator dose not move when car is warm on idealing it moves on 1700 rpms and up high on 2000 rpms Is it normal?

dimas replies :

Hi Majid, What I know is, when you turn the key, everything is moving. The needle for oil, temperature, and everything else. The light indicator also turn on. But when you start the engine, everything moving to their normal position. which mean it is normal

Vince says :

I have a 1989 MB190e 2.6 and I had the oil changed and at jiffy Lube and low and behold after driving for some time I took it on the road and it did not pick up speed, so at the corner light turning right it stalled out and then after a minute or two it started and within a mile it stalled again in the middle of traffic, could it be the spark plugs, coil electrical please someone`s got to know…I hate to take the bus and it seems I might have to if I can not find resolution.

dimas replies :

Hi Vince, I think it might be electrical problem, because I also had C180 and the ECU was broken. It is causing the car turn off suddenly, especially when I was stuck in a traffic jam. You should probably check the coil.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 92801580871231/k2311a0128/1.28.09