Ironman Triathlon watchband
2.0
  • I thought maybe they found a way to make it lighter yet stronger

• by Sandgren27

I have been through two previous Ironman watches in the last 7 years. Both previous watches were sturdy and lasted an average of 3.5 years with the original batteries. Since I tend to not replace batteries, and would rather buy a watch when the battery dies, I look for quality over looks. Until my most recent purchase (Dec 2008), I was very happy with all aspects of the Ironman line. The problems I have with the newest model

are two-fold. When I purchased it, the band seemed flimsy and the watch very light in comparison with the previous two. I thought maybe they found a way to make it lighter yet stronger. This was not the case. The new and improvised and broke in the first week that I had it. I had to replace the pins twice in one section alone. I now feel like I have to put it on gently or it will ...

• break again. Secondly, the functionality of the watch was always very user friendly. This watch actually required reading of the instructions because the resetting setup for Lap timers did not work the way the old ones did. It kept looping through the laps rather than resetting back to zero. The three alarms were a little annoying at first also.

All in all I am concerned that it may be too delicate to treat it like the previous watches.

You should not have to worry about accidentally hitting it on something when you are working or swimming or whatever.

I will be looking at other watches when the battery dies on this one. I have also gone back to using the previous watch so I don’t have to worry about this one breaking and falling off my wrist and being lost somewhere.

Must we suck the quality out of everything built in America, just for the sake of profits?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 642801580861231/k2311a0128/1.28.09