Turkey-Veggie Meatloaf  » Recipes  »
  • I have the same problem with myself and my 3 year old niece
  • Try it out your self, its easy, it is healthy and it is definitely delicious

• by lipsticknladdles

Are you thinking of ways to make yourself and your kids eat vegetables? I have the same problem with myself and my 3 year old niece. That is the reason to modify the basic meatloaf recipe my mother used to make. I made sure that in this modified new recipe taste was not sacrificed. To make it healthier, finely chopped vegetable became a part of the major ingredients. Also, instead of doing the traditional beef/pork meatloaf, I used ground turkey.

To make ir even tastier, BBQ sauce was my answer! It surely was a success because it passed the ultimate test when my picky 3 year old niece tried it and she loved it. It’s a hit with bread & low fat mayonnaise, but sometimes, my husband prefers to eat it with steaming brown rice.

For the meatloaf, you will need to combine and thoroughly mix a pound of ground turkey, ½ cup baby spinach (torn into small pieces), ½ cup ...

• finely chopped carrots, ½ cup finely chopped bell pepper , ½ cup finely chopped celery, ¼ cup finely chopped onion , 2 tbsp. banana catsup, 2 tbsp. tomato paste, 3 tbsp. soy sauce, 3 tbsp. brown sugar, salt and pepper to taste, 3 beaten eggs, 1 cup Italian bread crumbs .

For the BBQ sauce you will need to combine and thoroughly mix ¾ cup maple syrup, 2 tbsp. soysauce, 2 tbsp. catsup, 1 tbsp. chili sauce, 1 tbsp.

chopped garlic, 1 tsp. olive oil.

Pour half of the BBQ sauce on a greased loaf pan, then put the meatloaf mixture on it, shaping it like a loaf of bread. Bake it Bake in an oven, preheated at 400 degrees F, for 45 minutes to an hour. Baste with the remaining sauce every 15 minutes.

Try it out your self, its easy, it is healthy and it is definitely delicious! It is an affordable way to put a great meal on your dinner table!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 492701580550231/k2311a0127/1.27.09