Splenda for Diabetics  » Health  »
  • I love my cup of coffee with a little sweetness
  • So if you are asked to avoid it, how dull would life be then
  • I found it in the sugar aisle, along with all the sugar substitute like Equal and SweetNLow
  • I don't worry much when I use it because I know it is not absorbed by my body and it will not any drastic effect on my blood sugar level

• by lipsticknladdles

I always loved foods that are sweet. I love my cup of coffee with a little sweetness. Most people do too.Sugar has been a part of everyone’s lives. People use sugar in a lot different ways.So if you are asked to avoid it, how dull would life be then? Yet there are conditions that would force affected individuals to stop consuming sugar. It is always great to have other options, an alternative maybe.

When I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, I have to control my intake of all kinds of sugar and starch. Then I discovered SPLENDA. I found it in the sugar aisle, along with all the sugar substitute like Equal and SweetNLow. It is quite expensive than sugar and even compared to other sugar

substitute. A 200 packet box ranges from $6 to $8. Also, some other than these, splenda has a lot of product line that suites your needs. There is the granular form and the Brown Sugar Blend that are both suitable for cooking and baking. Then there is the “Flavors for Coffee” which comes in Mocha, Hazelnut, Caramel, and Cinnamon Spice and of course the most commonly used, SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener Packets. The ones I commonly buy are the packets but after tasting the hazelnut coffee flavor (which came free on my latest purchase), I want to buy it too. But aside from these, there are also other products sweetened by splenda. They made such products so that diabetic people (most especially children) will not miss much. I make ...

• it a point to buy ice creams and maple syrups that are sugar-free and sweetened by splenda. But knowing that I have a medical condition, I am still aware that my consumption of this sugar substitute should be in moderation.

Although I have read mixed positive and negative reviews on Splenda, I did not stop using it. Almost all sugar substitute have negative reviews too. It is just up to the consumers to decide what to use. I really don’t have much of a choice, I am diabetic and I can not use the regular sugar, so I settled for Splenda. I love the fact that it doesn’t have any aftertaste. It taste like sugar and can be used in sweetening my coffee, my ice tea and I can even

use it in cooking meals that need a touch of sweetness and baking cookies, pies and cakes. I don’t worry much when I use it because I know it is not absorbed by my body and it will not any drastic effect on my blood sugar level. So far, there are no government warnings of side effects and the manufactures even claimed that it is safe for diabetic patients, even on pregnant women and children.

In conclusion, diabetics like me can settle for Splenda. In terms of quality and taste, it is worth the money you will pay for. Yet the use of splenda is not limited to diabetics, in regular households who are just plain conscious about sugar intake, splenda and products sweetened by splenda have been the sugar alternative of choice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342701580370231/k2311a0127/1.27.09