Six Flags  » Entertainment  »
Maryland, USA
  • With that in mind, although I know that each Six Flag may be unique in its way, I have high expectations
  • When we got inside, I was a little disappointed though
  • Since this is an exclusive event, we did expect the rides to be open but unfortunately it wasn't

• by lipsticknladdles

We went to Six Flags Maryland last year because my husband’s company rented the whole place for the annual family fun event that they give their employees as a treat. So our tickets were free and we were managed to bring along a couple more friends for free too. It was one summer weekend and Maryland was just an hour away from Herndon, Virginia, so we’ve got nothing to loose. We went there. I was pretty excited because my cousins in Illinois only have good words for the Six Flags in their area.

They said it was fun, the place is great and since they were teens, there never was a summer time when they don’t get a season pass. With that in mind, although I know

that each Six Flag may be unique in its way, I have high expectations. And so we go. There is a really huge parking lot and the entrance was pretty extravagant.

When we got inside, I was a little disappointed though. This particular Six Flag seem not extraordinary at all. Actually, for me, it is just like a huge carnival, the kind that schools or small local towns put up when they have a fund raising event. Some parts of the park are a bit dated for my taste.

Since this is an exclusive event, we did expect the rides to be open but unfortunately it wasn’t. Most of them were broken and closed. I felt like, aside from walking around, there is not much to ...

• do. My husband and friends rode a few rides.

Being the thrill seeker that they were, some roller coasters did pass their standards and others didn’t. They love the Superman: Ride of Steel and The Penguin’s Blizzard River. They wanted to try The Joker’s Jinx in Gotham City but unfortunately it was closed. I myself rode some of their wet and wild rides including the Renegade Rapids but that was it.

I spent the rest of the day sitting under the umbrella table eating flavored ice shavings. It could have been better if they opened the Water park then. They could have given us more activity choices. I would say that the place has some child friendly rides.

The little kids had fun with the toddler rides

in the Looney Tunes area. The loved the tea cup ride, the prop warehouse and the FOGHORN LEGHORN’S tinsel town train. We didn’t have much complain with the food, because we are lucky that we don’t have to purchase anything since the company provided a buffet table for us. All in all, I would say that I was pretty disenchanted with Six Flags Maryland.

I am glad that we went there for free and did not spend anything aside from the fuel. I would have felt bad if I shed out some money on it. The only fun part was the time I spent with my husband and friends. I intend to check out Six Flags in Illinois but I am never interested to get back to the one in Maryland.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592701580310131/k2311a0127/1.27.09