Paramount Kings Dominion  » Entertainment  »
Doswell, Virginia
  • It was so exciting with few flips and turns high into the air while fire and water and great sound effects add up to the experience
  • I have motion sickness so I took my pill and decided I will just choose the rides I think I can bear and not spoil the fun
  • I enjoyed this ride and we even asked our friend to capture it in video
  • I love all the rides there including the Tornado and the Zoom Flume

• by lipsticknladdles

After going to Disney and Universal Studios, we decided to check out Paramount Parks’ Kings Dominion. The timing was perfect because we have some friends who visited us a week before my husband’s birthday. So to have a unique pre-birthday celebration, we drove to Kings Dominion which is like a couple of hours away from our place. We planned to stay and see the park for just the whole day. I can’t remember exactly how much we paid for our tickets but if I am not mistaken, it’s just over $40/ person.

At the entrance there is a water fountain with the words KINGS DOMINION written in big bold blue letters on the rail. You will also see the Eiffel Tower replica on that area.

The park that day is clean and neat with all the flowers around, it is decent enough in contrast to the feed backs that we heard that KD is dirty and trashes overflow. (this was in August 2007)

We didn’t waste much time,

our first ride was The Tomb Raider Firefall. It was so exciting with few flips and turns high into the air while fire and water and great sound effects add up to the experience. I have motion sickness so I took my pill and decided I will just choose the rides I think I can bear and not spoil the fun. I enjoyed this ride and we even asked our friend to capture it in video. (We cannot ride all at the same time because, no one will attend to the kids). Ride after ride follows, I rode the Berserker (giant viking ship will swing back and forth) and another wooden roller coaster that I forgot the name. Although I was not able to ride it all, my husband and my friends give a “two thumbs up” to the following thrill rides: 1. Anaconda (claim to be the first looping coaster in the world that showcased an underwater tunnel and a 144 foot drop) 2. Drop Tower (The largest ...

• drop ride in North America, a 305-foot tower of thrills that promises daring riders a 272-foot descent at 72 miles-per-hour) 3. Volcano, The Blast Coaster (one of the world’s fastest suspended coasters with a speed of over 70 mph, then rocket 155 feet out of the top of the crater

Well, my thrill & adventure seeker husband & friends enjoyed the series of heart stopping, gut-wrenching, adrenaline pumping rides while I took care of the kids. Its not much of a bore because I was able to bring them in the kid friendly rides like the bump cars, carousel and the Scooby doo train. We also loved the carnival games like throwing coins and loops in exchange of some stuffed animals.

We just chose the rides and made use of our time wisely. We all plan to be at the waterpark after lunch time, so with all the waiting and lining up, we still miss a lot of rides.

The waterpark is our favorite. I love all the rides there

including the Tornado and the Zoom Flume. But my most favorite of all is the very relaxing Lazy River ( went there 3 times )! We also enjoyed the awesome 650,000 gallon Big Wave Bay Pool and the kids had a blast at the Lil’ Barefoot Beach and Surf City Splash House ( oh how we enjoy the 40-foot-high bucket that tips a boatload of water every few minutes ).

There are a lot of restaurants in the area ( like Alpine, Border Café, Chick-fil-A, Cinnabon, Congo Grill and Pizza, Dippin Dots, Funnel Cakes, Starbucks, Subway, Trail’s End Grill, Wayside Grill) so you don’t have to worry about getting hungry. It can get pretty expensive though. We enjoyed the funnel cakes! But then when you are too preoccupied, you never seem to get hungry.

We really had fun in Kings Dominion. Its no Disney, its no Universal Studios but it is cool and entertaining. Great water park too. You should definitely check it out!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592701580300131/k2311a0127/1.27.09