Costco  » Shopping  »
Livonia, Michigan
  • I love it in there because it is less crowded
  • Shopping is a pleasurable experience because even with huge carts, it is still spacious and shoppers can move freely
  • Other stuffs that I buy from Costco are breakfast items like the really delicious & healthy turkey bacon and the polish quelbazza

• by lipsticknladdles

About the store: Costco is a chain of stores all over United States that is a styled like a warehouse. You are required to apply for membership in order to buy stuff here. For a yearly membership fee of $50, you can save quite a bit of money and buy items in bulk. Their products include strollers , Baby Carriers & Diaper Bags , Books & Toys , Booster Car Seats , Bottles & Pacifiers, Car Seats , Carriers & Slings , Childrens Books ,DVDs, Kid’s Clothing , Music , Sippy Cups , Toddler Car Seats , Umbrella strollers , Wipes, , exercise equipment, furniture, Food Items such as canned goods, uncooked rice, party trays, wine, breads, meat, poultry and seafood, chocolates and many more.

My personal experience

with Costco: If you buy stuff in big bulks then you are familiar with Costco.

I have been a Costco member since last year. Before that, my friend was the member and she would buy stuff and we split it up. But when we move to Michigan, my husband I purchased our own membership. We were choosing between Costco and Sam’s.

There’s not much of a difference but since I have been familiar with Costco and the stores are closer to our place, we still ended up being Costco members. I love it in there because it is less crowded. Shopping is a pleasurable experience because even with huge carts, it is still spacious and shoppers can move freely. It is well lighted and it never gets too cold or too hot in there.

The staff are very helpful and friendly. Oh I love it when they offer food tasting to their products. I always end up loving what I tasted and buying one ( That must mean it’s a great marketing strategy, lol). The prices are ok if not great, most especially those that you get in bulks.

I love buying paper towels, bathroom tissue, bath soaps and other bath supplies there. It usually takes another 3 months before we consume all so there is no need to drive back often. I also get my jasmine rice there, because it is much cheaper than when I get it on the oriental store near my place. Other stuffs that I buy from Costco ...

• Costco
      are breakfast items like the really delicious & healthy turkey bacon and the polish quelbazza.

I also like the service of their Photo Developing center. It was fast and they make quality prints at an affordable price. When I intend to send Christmas Gift Boxes in the Philippines, I save a lot when I buy chocolates, canned goods and the Velveeta Macaroni and cheese at Costco. I must not forget that I am also a fan of the Kirkland products, most especially their adult vitamins.

It is cheaper than Centrum but quality wise, there is not much difference. Also, when I am not in the mood to cook and we have potlucks or we are expecting guests, I just grab the sushi tray, a rotisserie chicken and

a big pasta tray and we are good to go. My husband will also be in line ti fill up our car with fuel because Costco also offers slightly cheaper gasoline. Being a Costco member saves me pretty much a lot.

I intend to renew my membership because it is expiring this coming November. But for now, I will just be waiting by the mail for the next set of coupons from Costco. When it comes, I would sit and sort it out and bring it on my next Costco Shopping Spree. I am sure I will be saving a lot.

So if you are not a Costco member, check it out and save money like I do. The only cons- they just accept AMEX and cash. No VISA, No Mastercard.

Costco

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 242701580290131/k2311a0127/1.27.09