Bell Exercise Ball  » Health  »
  • I know kids with special needs benefit from it
  • When I saw one on sale on K-Mart, I bought one without second thoughts
  • I think there is another package that has a Workout DVD led by World Aerobic Champion Mindy Mylrea, but that is not what I bought because it is a little bit more expensive
  • It can be used as a great aid in abdominal training, no more boring sit-ups and crunches

• by lipsticknladdles

About the product: This is a product of Bell. The whole package includes a 65-centimeter inflatable ball in light blue, an exercise manual, foot pump, and measuring strap. It was designed for people between 5-feet, four inches to six-feet tall. This exercise ball is a versatile piece that is a great addition to one’s exercise equipments.

My Personal Experience with the Product: Exercise balls, therapy ball or what ever you call has always been a part of the world of Occupational Therapy. We Occupational Therapists made use of such balls in treating kids with autism, attention deficit hyperactive disorder and those with sensory integration and vestibular problems. Kids enjoy playing with this ball. At the same time they benefit from it. We put kids on top of the ball, secure them, then roll them forward, sideward and backwards. We also bounce them on it

and do different other ways to make therapy sessions fun.

I always wanted to own one of those Bell Exercise Ball. I know kids with special needs benefit from it. I also know that I myself could get a lot from the said ball. When I saw one on sale on K-Mart, I bought one without second thoughts. The one I bought has light blue 65-centimeter body ball, an exercise manual, a foot pump and a measuring strap. I think there is another package that has a Workout DVD led by World Aerobic Champion Mindy Mylrea, but that is not what I bought because it is a little bit more expensive. The one I got was I guess a little over than $12.

When I got it, I was able to use it in just a few minutes. I just took it out of the ...

• box, inflate it and check out the exercise manual. I have been using it for stretching, aerobic exercises and fun low impact work-out ever since. It is a very fun way to working my abs, improve posture, develops good muscle tone, and increase strength. I did shed out a few pounds on it but then I got so busy I stopped using it. But now that I have the luxury of time, I just started sweating out and burning calories on my exercise ball. I know that this is one effective and fun exercise that I can commit to.

The ball is huge so storing it would really need space. However, it you just deflate and put it back on its box. If I need to sanitize it, I just run it under the running water, soap it and rinse it. Sometimes I

just use alcohol wipes to clean it.

Other the two major functions I have stated, there was one time when we had visitors, we lack chairs, funny as it may sound but my husband used the exercise ball as his chair. Our visitor’s kids find it funny, so they end up getting it from my husband and played with it. They sure had fun.

Conclusion: Although, the effect of this exercise ball works differently from person to person, this ball is a must have if you intend to keep yourself in shape. The ball can be used in variety of purposes. It can be used as a weight bench while weight training. It can be used as a great aid in abdominal training, no more boring sit-ups and crunches. It can be used in yoga, pilates and flexibility exercises too. A pretty inexpensive piece for a very useful and fun product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342701580190131/k2311a0127/1.27.09