ConAir Handheld Steamer model GS15RN  » Housewares  »
  • I love taking care of the family, doing all the chores, and making delicious meals
  • A much as I want to avoid doing it, my husband works in a prestigious company and I would not like him to go to work with wrinkled office clothes
  • When we got home, I found out that this handheld steamer has both pros and cons
  • But weighing it all out, I think, the scale would be heavier on the cons side
  • It lacks the powerful steam that I want so I am a little disappointed with it

• by lipsticknladdles

About the Product: This Handheld Steamer model GS15RN is manufactured by CONAIR. It is light blue in color, light weight and compactly designed steamer that claims to remove wrinkles from garments. It blows continuous steam and has a fabric lint brush attachment that comes with the whole package. It has a removable water reservoir. It has the features of a dual voltage and comes with a carrying pouch that makes it easy to grab on travels. It has a 650 watt heater for quick heating.

It claims to be safe on even soft delicate fabrics. It comes with a one year limited warranty. My Personal Experience with the Product: Most of the

time, I would say that I am born to be a homemaker. I love taking care of the family, doing all the chores, and making delicious meals. But the thing I hate the most is ironing clothes.

A much as I want to avoid doing it, my husband works in a prestigious company and I would not like him to go to work with wrinkled office clothes. Thinking of an alternative to remove wrinkles in clothing, my husband suggested that maybe a steamer would help me straighten out clothes without ironing. We went shopping for it and we saw this CONAIR Handheld Steamer, sold for $19+. I thought it was a pretty good deal. We bought it and I was so eager to try it out immediately.

When we got home, I found out that this handheld steamer has both pros and cons. But weighing it all out, I think, the scale would be heavier on the cons side. Let me go further into this. The Pros: One of the pros is that the steamer can be used straight out of the box. No assembly needed.

Also, you don’t need to scrutinize the whole instruction manual to operate it because the steamer is user-friendly and easy to use. I just pop off the removable water reservoir, filled it with water and plug it in. It heats quickly too.

• ConAir Handheld Steamer  model GS15RN
      Its light weight and size made it easy to hold even in long periods of time. The lint remover attachment is also another positive attribute of this product.

I also love the fact that it is travel friendly. It fits an average sized luggage well. Storage is easy to because I can just put it on top of the closet or slide it under the bed. The Cons: The steam power is not that great. It blows out so little that it takes a whole lot of time and effort to straighten and smoothen 1 piece of long sleeved shirt.

In spite of all the pros of this product, it falls short on what

it is expected to do. I honestly think that ironing is quicker than using this handheld steamer. It sure de-wrinkles but it takes a great deal of effort and time. I just came back to ironing clothes and just used this steamer in smoothening curtains that are already hanged. I also bring it along when we travel because our iron is bigger and bulkier.

Conclusion: If you are very particular at how wrinkle-free a piece of clothing is, then this product is not for you. It cannot serve as an alternative to clothes iron. It lacks the powerful steam that I want so I am a little disappointed with it. You might want to spend a little more on other products that are more reliable in de-wrinkling.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532701580160131/k2311a0127/1.27.09