Black and Decker ScumBuster Cordless Power Scrubber S600  » Housewares  »
  • I love the fact that it is not so big and it comes with the plastic case that makes storing it easy

• by lipsticknladdles

About the product:

The ScumBuster Cordless Power Scrubber S600 is a product of Black & Decker, a well known manufacturer of household items and powerful tools. It is light blue in color, has a powerful spray and accessories that are perfect for scrubbing bath tubs, tiles, carpets, rugs or anything that needs good cleaning. It removes soap scum, stains and stubborn dirt. Price ranges from $35 to $40. It can be purchased on online stores, retail stores and on Black & Decker stores. The accessories includes: 3 inch Bristle Brush, Disc Attachment, Mild Pad Scrubber, Heavy Pad Scrubber, Radial Brush, Shampoo Brush, Flexible attachment, Carrying kit box and a Charger.

My personal experience with the product: Cleaning up the bathroom is one household task that I hate doing. I usually pass it on to my husband and just promise to do everything else. My husband accepted the challenge

and helped me clean the bathroom. Being the “gadget man” that he is, he searched online and found ScumBuster Cordless Power Scrubber S600. We went to the outlet mall where there is a Black and Decker store and got one for ourselves. He was the one who used it first. Good thing he is patient to charge it long enough because if I will be the one to use it, I will be frustrated because it needs to be charge for more than 12 hour upon initial use. SO we left it overnight and it was ready for use the next day. The area that needs cleaning up are the shower tiles and the tub. My husband alternately used the 3 inch Bristle Brush and the Heavy Pad Scrubber. We fill the liquid reservoir with a “water like” cleaning solution ( as instructed) and used the ...

• high or rather fast setting. It did a very good job and just when my husband is about to finish, the battery was drained. According to my husband, it was easy and it cut off the effort that he has to exert because the scrubber does the brushing for him. Yet even with this cleaning device, I wasn’t motivated to clean up the bathroom. I completely entrust it to my husband since he seem to enjoy doing it with this power scrubber.

Once when we had guests, a little girl spilled her orange juice on our carpet. It was just a little spot though so I don’t mind cleaning it up. I just have to do it right after the guests left because leaving it longer may cause stubborn, hard to erase stain. To satisfy my curiosity, I tried scumbuster S600.

I used the attachment for carpet

cleaning and diluted about 2 tablespoon of rug doctor carpet shampoo in water and put that in the liquid reservoir. It less than 5 minutes, the stain was gone. No sweat, no effort, it is so easy and fast. It was so light-weight and powerful and my wrist wasn’t strained at all. Well, that was the first and the last time I used it. I am looking forward to using the other accessories and I do hope it will be just as effective. I love the fact that it is not so big and it comes with the plastic case that makes storing it easy. I don’t lose the attachments because they all have a slot on the case.

All in all, I must say that this is a reasonably priced cleaning device that cuts down the work in cleaning up. Recommended for housewives who hates cleaning as much as I do.

Beth says :

I can`t get my scumbuster to turn on after I have charged it. I have only used it a few times and now it doesn`t even do anything. Do you have any suggestions?

Galega says :

Please check the power unit and see if it indicates fully charged or not. When the cordless is plugged in, ensure that charging point is showing up. If these things are fine and still your device is not starting up, then there might be some technical issue. You will be required to consult the service center to get it corrected.

Krista says :

I received my S600 Scumbuster cordless power scrubber a couple of years ago as a gift. In a move it got misplaced and I just found it again. I have never used the item. I plugged the scrubber in for more than 16 hours as indicated in the instruction booklet, however I have no power to the unit. What is the problem? I didn`t see any corrosion in the battery pack when I took the cover off of it. I`m disappointed

Galega says :

Even if you don’t see any corrosion in the battery, the problem seems to be there. Unused battery tends to create problem when you want to charge it again. I would suggest you to see a service center and let them check the battery. Hopefully, no replacement will be required.

lyn says :

I have a new scumbuster as the old one would not charge. Now this one won`t charge either - I`ve had it plugged in for 18 hours. What am I doing wrong? Is there a special way to put the plug in the hole? Thanks Lyn

Galega says :

There isn’t any special way of putting it into the charge. You need to plug it at the given space. You must be doing in in a right way as you are an old user. Generally, it requires 16 hours of continuous charge. You are already done with 18 hours. There might be some problem in your new battery. Speak to the shop from where you had bought it and see if they can help you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532701580090131/k2311a0127/1.27.09