Madam Tussauds Wax Museum  » Travel  »
New York City, USA
  • It was quite expensive but I definitely had fun
  • It is a one of akind experience that I will not mind doing over and over again
  • When we were there two years ago, the admission fee that we got is much cheaper because we got a discount ( I cant remember why we got the discount) but now it will cost $35 per adult to get in

• by lipsticknladdles

On our first time to visit New York City, Madame Tussauds’ Wax Museum is one of the places that we saw. It was quite expensive but I definitely had fun. It is a one of akind experience that I will not mind doing over and over again.

Madame Tussauds New York is a wax museum that showcases great artwork. If I am not mistaken, the mother of all Tussauds wax museum is in London where the works of Marie Tussauds of France are exhibited. But it has branches in a number of major city all over the world. Luckily, there is one in New York. It is located at 234 West 42nd Street, between 7th and 8th Avenues, Times Square. It is accessible by car or by train but once you’re already in Time Square, you can get there by walking. It opens 10 in the morning. When we were there

two years ago, the admission fee that we got is much cheaper because we got a discount ( I cant remember why we got the discount) but now it will cost $35 per adult to get in.

In there we were amazed that not like any other museum, there are no ropes or anything that prevents you from touching the exhibits. There is a huge open space where the exhibits are scattered. You can touch them and make creating poses as you take pictures with them. It is like being in a party with all these famous people. I am fascinated to be face to face with the wax replica of Hollywood celebrities like Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Hugh Grant, Will Smith, Jennifer Lopez, Julia Roberts and more. There are also sports legends ( The Rock was there ), politicians like US President George W. Bush and other world leaders ...

• and historical icons of the present time and even of the earlier years. All of them are so realistic and fascinating. Other exhibits that’s there are of Oprah, Superman, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Prince of England, Bob Marley and a whole lot more. I remember, there is this horror chamber too wherein you will get chased by those scary characters that you see in movies. I was screaming then but it was really really fun. I also had fun watching other guests get a feel of how to be criticized buy American Idol’s toughest judge, Simon Cowel. It was really funny that they set up the stage and put a voice to Simon’s wax.

The temperature inside is a bit cold ( of course that is to take care of the wax exhibits) so be sure to grab a light jacket to make your visit comfortable. The

lights and effects made the experience more real and goes beyond most expectations. I have heard that they added a few more attractions like the 3D movie and new wax personalities like Miley Cyrus. I would definitely love to go back there again.

If you haven’t been to any of Madam Tussauds Museum, and you plan to travel anytime soon,try the one in New York City. I don’t know if it is true but my friend told me that the when she went the Los Angeles Hollywood branch, the exhibits were elevated and roped. In NYC, the size of the attraction is great, there is so much to see. You will get to feel how it is like to mingle with the powerful and the famous and get up close and personal with their replicas. I assure you it is truly worth your time and money, you will surely have a blast there!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382701580010131/k2311a0127/1.27.09