LANTUS SoloSTAR insulin pen  » Medicine  »
  • She offers options and she introduced me to a more convenient way to take LANTUS every day
  • LANTUS SoloSTAR is an easy-to-use insulin pen that comes with the pre-filled with LANTUS that I love

• by lipsticknladdles

I have been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. MY doctor prescribed Lantus, a long acting basal insulin that is injected thru needles and syringes. I have been using Lantus and I am very satisfied with its result. MY glucose levels are getting better each day with the help of this treatment. However, with Lantus vials, syringes and needles, when I travel or get out of the house, I carry with me all these stuff.

Just recently, I went to a different Endocrinologist. She is great. She offers options and she introduced me to a more convenient way to take LANTUS every day. She gave me the

LANTUS SoloSTAR insulin pen.

Just like Lantus in vials, this pen is for patients with diabetes who are considering insulin to help control their blood sugar. With the LANTUS pen you get the power of once-daily insulin and the convenience of a pen. I have been using it for a week now and I get the same satisfying result. I carry it with me everywhere becase it is just the size of a pen.

No more separate vials and syringes. LANTUS SoloSTAR is an easy-to-use insulin pen that comes with the pre-filled with LANTUS that I love. It is still the same #1 prescribed insulin that I trust from the very day I was diagnosed. You can set doses from 1 to 80 units one unit at a time.

In my case, I use 30 units daily. With regards to ease of use, I will give it a five star rating. The nurse in my doctors’ office demonstrated it once and I was good to go. Nothing is complicated with using this pen.

All you have to do is remove the covering cap, attach the Becton Dickinson (BD) Ultra-Fine needle, adjust the dosage knob ( you will se ethe unit numbers on the dosage window), inject just like a syringe ...

• LANTUS SoloSTAR  insulin pen
      and push the injection button. (The needles are sold separately from the pen and are manufactured by BD) Once you started using the insulin pen, it will be good for 28 days. After that, just like the Lantus vials, you have to dispose it and get a new one. There is no need to refrigerate the pen after first use.

Just make sure it is kept in room temperature (nothing warmer than 86 degrees F). Caring for the pen is also easy. You just have to make sure that you protect your pen from dust and dirt. It should not be run under or submerged on water.

Soaps and cleaning solvents should also be avoided. Wiping the outside casing of the insulin pen with clean damp cloth is enough to keep it sanitized. I have been happy with my insulin pen even just after 1 week of use. So if you are diabetic and undergo the same insulin treatment try considering the LANTUS SoloSTAR insulin pen.

If you are still using the old fashion Lantus vials and syringes, it is time to ask your physician about the insulin pen. Just like what my doctor did, they will probably discuss your options and later on give you a prescription for the insulin pen. Just like me, you will be glad you shift!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262701579870131/k2311a0127/1.27.09