SCOE 10X Pet Urine Odor Eliminator
  • I like to think that I keep up after them pretty well, but when my mother visited, she didn't hesitate to tell me that I was kidding myself
  • A few months later the problem got worse when my oldest dog had a fall and was partially paralyzed
  • I think at this point I have probably tried every brand out there
  • Finally I ran a web search to see whether there was anything I had missed, and I found the SCOE 10X web site
  • Still, this is beyond doubt the best product I've found to get rid of pet odors

• by InfoShorts

We have 8 dogs and I hate to say how many cats. I like to think that I keep up after them pretty well, but when my mother visited, she didn’t hesitate to tell me that I was kidding myself. She said it was like sleeping in a cat box. I was SO embarrassed. I imagined how many friends must have come over and just not said anything out of politeness. A few months later the problem got worse when my oldest dog had a fall and was partially paralyzed. He tries, but he often has accidents as he scoots around. So I started a serious search for a pet odor eliminator that would keep up with old dog accidents, young macho dog marking territory, cat boxes on every floor in the house, and really nasty cat smell around the front door where the outdoor cats come up from the barn and spray.

I think at this point I have probably tried every brand out there. Some of them don’t work at all, some almost work, but then the smell comes back. (Like the time we put Nature’s Miracle on my daughter’s

snow boots and thought we had gotten rid of the cat pee smell — until she got into the car and the floor heater started blowing onto her feet!) Some products seem to work well enough to the human nose, but the dogs can still smell the residue in the carpet.

Finally I ran a web search to see whether there was anything I had missed, and I found the SCOE 10X web site. We decided to try it, even though it is very expensive, at $29.95 plus shipping for a 13 ounce bottle of concentrate that makes a gallon.

I would have to say, this stuff works. SCOE 10X stands for Super Concentrated Odor Eliminator. You dilute it 10 to 1 and apply it wherever there is pet or human urine, poop, vomit, anything that stinks. (They even have a testimonial on their website from someone who cleaned the carpet in a coroner’s van with it. I don’t even want to think about that!)

The company sells a small but effective blacklight for $9.95. I went ahead and ordered one so that I could see exactly where the stains were. I’m convinced that ...

• I save a lot of money by being able to see exactly where the stains begine and end, so I don’t waste any of the expensive SCOE.

On the downside, it takes a lot of odor eliminator to get a house really clean with as many animals as I have, and you have to keep after it all the time, so it does get expensive. On the upside, the stuff is way cheaper if you buy the larger sizes. If you can afford to order the 5.5 gallon pail, which makes 55 gallons, you will only spend $9 a gallon, compared to nearly $30 for the small size.

You can also get various types of applicators, including a kit to inject the SCOE solution down into your carpet pad, and a big heavy-duty spray bottle. I don’t have carpet, for obvious reasons, so I haven’t tried the former, but definitely you would want to pour or inject the product into carpets and not try to spray it. I find that the spray bottle usually doesn’t deliver enough of the liquid to any given spot. It’s way better to pour and let it soak, especially

if your surface is pourous like unfinished wood (the front porch) or concrete (my basement floor.) I only use the spray bottle for the side of the leather couch, which one particular cat likes to mark, and for spot cleanups on fresh accidents.

My house seems to really smell good now. I had a real estate agent walk through, and she marvelled that I had so many animals and the house didn’t smell, so that was pretty much the acid test. Also, the dogs don’t sniff and mark any more, which tells me that I have managed to break that cycle. This is a true odor eliminator, not a masking scent, so what you smell in my house now is fresh!

The company has been reliable on shipping, but in emergencies it’s annoying to have to order by mail instead of being able to dash out to a pet supply and pick up a fresh bottle of odor eliminator. The company charges only actual shipping, no additional packaging or handling charges, but the shipping definitely adds to the total cost. Still, this is beyond doubt the best product I’ve found to get rid of pet odors.

Michelle Thompson says :

re : Still, this is beyond doubt the best product I’ve found to get rid of pet odors
    I would have to agree regarding this product it is absolutely amazing at removing unwanted pet odors. I am a landlord and I had some previous tenants sneak in a small dog who proceeded to have puppies on the carpet. Of course I didn’t learn about all of this until after the fact. I later had to go in and attempt to make the property rent able again. I’m so grateful for this product the odor is gone and the new renters are very pleased with their new home.

Lorene White says :

I bought a microsuede couch, used, and the previous owner did not tell me the dog had a spotty spot in one area, it was awful. So I ordered Scoe 10X and shot it into the spot. It took several applications but it worked. It is the best smelling spot on the couch now. I can’t praise it enough. The couch cleaned up really well, like new. So I got a bargain after all.

Gail Tabor says :

This product is great. We have a real estate office and have used it on two properties that were so bad the owners thought they would have to rip the floor out, seal the concrete and put down new flooring. SCOE did the trick for a 3.2 house it did take the gallon jug concentrate mixed with water to treat and we did 3 separate applications, but it sure beat the alternative. If you follow the very specific directions there should be no problem.

Bob Clark says :

I have a small area of dirt in the back yard that my 7 year old golden retriever has been trained to use as her bathroom. It smells of uring, and I wonder if your product can be used to eliminate the smell. We want her to use this area, so we do not want the product to smell badly to her, thus precluding her from using the area as we trained her to. Can SCOE work here, and how do you recommend it`s application. The area is about 20` by 6`. Thanks, Bob Clark

Jennifer Davis says :

I don’t see why you couldn’t use this product outside. You should note that it is meant more for indoor use and fabrics so you should probably expect that the although the dirt will absorb some of the liquid, it may dissipate faster than it normally would inside. Also, other natural products like baking soda and cedar chips are excellent alternatives for getting rid of the urine smell. Both are biodegradable and will absorb and neutralize urine and feces odor very well. Just sprinkle them liberally and evenly on the area and lightly mix them into the existing soil. Within a few minutes you will begin to notice the urine smell dissipating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292701579191231/k2311a0127/1.27.09