The Ring movie  » Movies  »
  • Therefore, I found that some parts of the movie were a tiny bit boring especially when the journalist was doing her investigation
  • I thought that helped a lot with the suspense of the movie
  • I found that unlike many of these movies, I did not see many unknown actors and actresses also
  • The girl who played Samara played her part exceptionally too as I think that many people found her character scary

• by RedTape

I can remember when I watched the premiere of the movie “The Ring” on cable. I can’t remember which movie channel brought it, but what I do remember is that even though I did not expect it to be terrifying I still found it a little creepy. I had heard that it was an American remake of a 1998 Japanese film, and I have never usually found these remakes to be particularly scary, so I did not think much of

it. However, it was the character of the little girl Samara Morgan played by the young actress Daveigh Elizabeth Chase which changed my perspective about everything. In fact, I still think of the movie as more of a thriller than a horror movie.

The movie was about a cursed videotape which causes the viewer to see distorted images of themselves after watching it, and then get a phone call after which the viewer dies in ten days. In the movie though,

• a journalist, an aunt of one of the victims of the tape try to investigate and find herself and the ones she loves caught up in it.

One of the things I didn’t like about the movie too was that it seemed a bit slow at times. Therefore, I found that some parts of the movie were a tiny bit boring especially when the journalist was doing her investigation.

One of the things I liked about the movie on the other

hand though was that the atmosphere usually seemed dark and not too light like many of those other movies I’ve seen. I thought that helped a lot with the suspense of the movie.

The acting was also good. I found that unlike many of these movies, I did not see many unknown actors and actresses also. Instead there was a balance. The girl who played Samara played her part exceptionally too as I think that many people found her character scary.

The Ring movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112601578931131/k2311a0126/1.26.09