Queen Latifah  » Movies  »
  • These days I know her best for her movies
  • I know she did not completely disappear though since thinking about it now I can remember seeing her in the movie House Party 2 as the best friend Zora
  • I think Queen Latifah is a good actress even though I can't remember her ever winning an award for any of her roles
  • In fact, I don't think she would have ever gotten so many roles in so many popular movies if she wasn't
  • Therefore, I would recommend most of her movies as she has starred in many from musicals to romance, comedy, drama and horror

• by RedTape

My earliest memories of Queen Latifah were in the early nineties when she was still a rapper. I can’t remember how I even knew her either since I did not know the lyrics of tune to any of her songs. However, I did know her face, and just recently on VH1 I discovered that she seemed to have made a significant impact on the American rap industry.

These

days I know her best for her movies. She seemed to have disappeared for a while during the nineties as I had not seen her for a long while after she had released some singles in the early nineties. I know she did not completely disappear though since thinking about it now I can remember seeing her in the movie “House Party 2″ as the best friend Zora.

• However, when I began to really notice her again was when she played roles in the movies “Bone Collector” as Thelma, “Chicago” as Mama, “Bringing Down the House” where she acted with Steve Martin, “Brown Sugar”, “Scary Movie 3″, “Beauty Shop” as the owner of a Beauty Shop and new hair product, “Last Holiday” as a woman who thought she was terminally ill, “Hairspray” as Motormouth Maybelle, “Mad
        Money” and “The Cookout”.

I think Queen Latifah is a good actress even though I can’t remember her ever winning an award for any of her roles. In fact, I don’t think she would have ever gotten so many roles in so many popular movies if she wasn’t. Therefore, I would recommend most of her movies as she has starred in many from musicals to romance, comedy, drama and horror.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112601578851131/k2311a0126/1.26.09