The Pursuit of Happiness  » Movies  »
  • I had put off watching the movie The Pursuit of Happiness for a very long while as I thought that it was going to be a tragedy
  • The point is that I was able to get so absorbed in the film that I learned from it, and it impacted me deeply
  • I think everyone from individuals who are struggling to make ends meet in life to students and people in the work force should watch this movie and get inspired by it

• by RedTape

I had put off watching the movie “The Pursuit of Happiness” for a very long while as I thought that it was going to be a tragedy. I do not like movies with sad ending as even though they do not make me cry, they tend to disturb me greatly to the point where sometimes I find myself unable to think of anything else. However, after deciding to watch the movie one Sunday about a year ago, I realized that my expectations of it were wrong. The movie was one of the most inspirational movies I have

ever seen. It reinforced the theory that hard work usually carries great results, and no matter how hard life may seem with no ways out of troubling situations, one must never give up.

The movie is about a man who loses nearly everything because of a bad investment, and is only left with his will to survive and his son. It is the early eighties and he has invested heavily in a piece of technology called the “Bone Density scanner” but after a few years realizes that he is not making much money off of it. He ...

• goes into debt and his wife leaves him with his young son, and after a short while they both are eventually homeless. Thus he finds himself struggling to take care of his son, and find a steady job which he must have training for.

I thought Will Smith did an extraordinary job with acting the role, and also, another actor which I discovered was his son. I had no idea Will Smith’s children could act as well as him and their mother and this show led me to believe that the child, Jaden Smith is a young

rising star.

I did not find one thing wrong with the movie, except for the part where it tended to get a little weighty at times to the point where it felt as if I were carrying an extra burden. The point is that I was able to get so absorbed in the film that I learned from it, and it impacted me deeply.

I would recommend this to everyone. I think everyone from individuals who are struggling to make ends meet in life to students and people in the work force should watch this movie and get inspired by it.

The Pursuit of Happiness

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112501578180631/k2311a0125/1.25.09