Dish Network  » Satellite services  »
0.5
  • None of them could speak decent English and none of them solved the problem
  • I had to pay somebody to do it and it cost me quite a bit too because the guy didn't have a long enough ladder, so he had to go rent one
  • I wouldn't recommend Dish network to anyone because it's a rip-off

• by GenesisOne

After putting up with Dish Network for a couple of years, I’m delighted to be back with cable. I was told repeatedly that service would not be interrupted when the wind blew and it drizzled outside.

Yeah right.

My service went out more often than it did not when clouds moved over my house.

Sometimes, it didn’t even rain and the wind didn’t even blow, but the satellite signal still was lost.

I must have had four technicians from Dish Network come out to my house

to reposition the dish and check the dish settings.

None of them could speak decent English and none of them solved the problem.

Finally, I called up Dish and I told them this was there last chance to keep me as a customer.

I told them to send someone out that knew what the heck they were doing and make sure this person could speak and understand English! They complied, and the person that came out was actually a supervisor and at last I got some ...

• decent results.

The satellite still went off when clouds and storms moved through the area, just not as often.

Another thing that irritated me to no end was when I wanted to discontinue the service, they told me that I had to get up on a ladder to disconnect a component from the satellite dish.

How ridiculous is that! They were the ones that put the dish up seventeen feet off the ground in the first place and now I had to go up there? I

had to pay somebody to do it and it cost me quite a bit too because the guy didn’t have a long enough ladder, so he had to go rent one.

After all that, I told myself I was done with satellite companies forever.

I wouldn’t recommend Dish network to anyone because it’s a rip-off.

The service stinks and they never credit your bill for service interruption even though that interruption was never supposed to take place in the first place! Stay away from Dish Network!

Dish Network

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 232501578120631/k2311a0125/1.25.09