Corteo by Cirque du Soleil  » Entertainment  »
  • This was my first Cirque du Soileil experience, my boyfriend took me as part of my Christmas gift
  • Our seats were not at the best location but were very close to the stage so it was sort of a compromise
  • Show started when it was supposed to, that's important in my opinion, being punctual
  • The accuracy of the acrobatics were sure thing to wow everybody in the audience and I was very very impressed by the level of difficulty of the acrobatics and the skills of the performers
  • I was just disappointed that the song sung during the aerial straps performance is not in the CD, well at least that same version I watched

• by SobeBabi

This was my first Cirque du Soileil experience, my boyfriend took me as part of my Christmas gift. He knew how much I wanted to see a Cirque du Soleil show. This particular show had been in town for a few weeks before I got to go and I read mixed reviews about it so this review is based on the show called Corteo and the fact that this was my first time Cirque du Soleil experience.

Despite the mixed reviews, the showtime my boyfriend and I caught was sold out and that counted to better my expectations. Our

seats were not at the best location but were very close to the stage so it was sort of a compromise.

It was also by the one man band which was pretty cool. Show started when it was supposed to, that’s important in my opinion, being punctual.

Right from the beginning the mixed series of artsy-circus like acrobatics captured my attention and kept me interest through out the show. The volume of the sound was perfect and so were the lights and costumes.

The story was about this man who dreams of his own funeral in a more festive ...

• way. In my opinion it was a very well thought and written show.

The accuracy of the acrobatics were sure thing to wow everybody in the audience and I was very very impressed by the level of difficulty of the acrobatics and the skills of the performers. At no time I felt bored.

My attention was with the show 100% of the time. My favorite part was the aerial straps and the song that went along with it, it made to me, the climax of the show; it almost took me to this dream land carrying me back to

childhood dreams.

I also enjoyed a lot the part of the show when the performers interact with the audience. The entire show lasted for about two hours, which was enough time to perform all the stages comfortably catching the interest of the viewers.

I absolutely LOVED the soundtrack, so much so that I bought the CD at the end. I was just disappointed that the song sung during the aerial straps performance is not in the CD, well at least that same version I watched.

My overall opinion of this experience is excellent! and I cannot wait for the next show!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592501577820631/k2311a0125/1.25.09