Verbano Italian Ristorante Honolulu
2.5
1451 S King St, Honolulu, HI 96826
  • We had driven by this place many times before and saw the nice Italian looking green and red Verbano's sign out front, and had thought about stopping here more than once, but never did until very recently, and I really wish we had continued to drive by it like we had for so many years before
  • I would suggest skipping this restaurant if I were you

• by Hawaii Reviewer

This Italian restaurant was not at all what we expected from the outside. I would have to say that this is one of the stranger dining experiences we have had lately. We had driven by this place many times before and saw the nice Italian looking green and red Verbano’s sign out front, and had thought about stopping here more than once, but never did until very recently, and I really wish we had continued to drive by it like we had for so many years before.

We

had been eating at the same Italian restaurant for a long while now, and we both thought it would be nice for a change. We dared to venture into this strange little place in a strip mall with a bank and a couple of other small businesses. Once we walked through the door, even though the place was kinda weird and shady appearing, we felt obligated to stay because everyone at the bar turned and stared at us. I wish I had acted on my intuition and made ...

• an about face and left this place in a hurry, but I didn’t.

Instead, we were ushered past this small dingy dark bar with a couple of old wino looking guys drinking at noon. We were sat in a booth, but it was really weird because there was soy sauce on the table, and these strange asian statues staring down at us from the ledge of our booth. The menu was interesting. It had your usual pasta selections, but also had a bunch of strange seafood and saimin dishes

that you would never see on an Italian restaurant menu anywhere else in the United States. The place was dark and dingy and smelled of alcohol, and it was the middle of the day. The waitresses were Filipino and barely spoke English. This was just weird because it was supposed to be an Italian restaurant. The food was okay, just average, but the atmosphere was not conducive to what you would expect from a fine Italian restaurant. I would suggest skipping this restaurant if I were you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72501577550531/k2311a0125/1.25.09