Wireless CD-R King Router
  • Three weeks ago, I decided to buy a Wireless CD-R king router brand for my home network because it was the nearest store I can go to that night and my old wireless router died on me
  • I was able to use it for a week until I bought a new router that has the feature I need
  • If she connects her laptop straight to their DSL modem, she can surf the net very fast so we know it is not her ISP, Ethernet cable and wireless NIC's in her desktop that is causing the problem
  • Unfortunately, they don't have one available in the web site
  • CD-R king offers lots of products that are good like affordable blank DVD's, CD's, USB flashdisk etc but I am kind of disappointed with their first wireless router

• by jesbellaine

Three weeks ago, I decided to buy a Wireless CD-R king router brand for my home network because it was the nearest store I can go to that night and my old wireless router died on me. Since I badly need a connection, I purchased the router and the price was just fair enough. Compared to other routers like Linksys, D-Link or netgear, this is really an affordable router. I was able to use it for a week until I bought a new router that has the feature I need.

Since I will not be using it anymore, I give it to
      a friend of mine. She hooked up the router in their three computers. First week, it was working smoothly but then it suddenly slow down their Internet connection. They never lose the connection through the Internet but if they were using the three computers simultaneously, it was acting like a dial-up connection. They are on high speed internet, more than 1 MBPS so it should be fast especially with a router that can manage the bandwidth for each devices connected to it. If she connects her laptop straight to their DSL modem, she can surf the net very fast so we know ...

• it is not her ISP, Ethernet cable and wireless NIC’s in her desktop that is causing the problem. I never really notice its performance since I used it for barely a week. At that point, we know that it is already a router problem. We did reset it but no avail.

I am pretty sure that it is just a firmware problem. Unfortunately, they don’t have one available in the web site. So, we went there the other day to get a copy of firmware but again, they don’t have one. Since I don’t have the device with me, I need to go back to have it checked by their technician so it can be replaced. I just thought that they should have a firmware backup file if not the updated firmware/software for their router for the customers who are experiencing the same problem.

CD-R king offers lots of products that are good like affordable blank DVD’s, CD’s, USB flashdisk etc but I am kind of disappointed with their first wireless router. I still prefer branded routers like Linksys, netgear, Dlink and 2wire wireless modem because they are stable devices and has lots of upgrades if you need to do it from your end.

Jap says :

I can`t connect may blackberry to the internet, im using the cd r king router but i can connect to other wireless networks with different router

M says :

Hi Jap,

Make sure that the cord in the router is properly connected. Or reinstall it again.

Alex says :

How do I block other people from using my wireless Router? and please give me some steps to make it easy. Thank you

M says :

Hi Alex,

You can block other people from using your wireless router by setting a password or limiting users. You can check the settings at Wireless Network Connections.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 332501577420531/k2311a0125/1.25.09