Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Complete First Season  » TV  »
  • When I say fun, I mean that there is plenty of comedy and adventure to be enjoyed
  • I know that the writing isn't all that well-crafted or deep at times and the dialogue sounds awkward here and there, and the special effects look pretty dated, but the stories in the first season seem to have more action and sense of wonder than the later seasons
  • I also like how the characters feel a little more real in these episodes and the stories reveal character traits and past experience

• by GenesisOne

Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Complete First Season is a fun season to sit down and watch. When I say fun, I mean that there is plenty of comedy and adventure to be enjoyed.

I know that the writing isn’t all that well-crafted or deep at times and the dialogue sounds awkward here and there, and the special effects look pretty

dated, but the stories in the first season seem to have more action and sense of wonder than the later seasons.

A lot of it reminds me of the types of stories done on the original Star Trek.

The music too is a real pleasure to listen to because there’s lots of variety and it’s loud as opposed to being subdued in the ...

• later seasons.

Plus, the choice of instruments seems to give the show more of a futuristic, out-in-space feeling that at times conveys mystery and other times danger while other times humor.

It truly enhances my enjoyment.

I also like how the characters feel a little more real in these episodes and the stories reveal character traits and past experience.

The DVD quality is

real good: the picture is free of grain and the audio is free of background noise.

I can see and hear everything wonderfully.

I also got a chance to see some interviews I had never seen as well as some behind the scenes footage and facts that I hadn’t heard before while browsing the extras.

I’m very satisfied and pleased to own this set.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102401577281231/k2311a0124/1.24.09