Super Mario Kart
  • I like the challenge of tight turns and narrow roads, as well as the difficulty of navigating icy courses and slightly underwater tracks
  • It feels good to compete against myself because I know I'm becoming a better player and I'll stand a far better chance when racing against friends
  • Oh well, I still recommend this game if you have a friend to play it with - it can really get intense

• by GenesisOne

Super Mario Kart was the first Mario Kart game ever to be made, and to this day, I still get a kick out of racing across its many tracks. I don’t mind that the tracks are flat - just because there are no hills or huge obstacles doesn’t mean the game still can’t be fun.

I like the challenge of tight turns and narrow roads, as well as the difficulty of navigating icy courses and slightly underwater tracks.

What I really enjoy is

the emphasis on being a good player that this game demands.

The items aren’t so powerful that they can overwhelm the better player - this game pushes you to be good or you simply won’t win.

I spend hours working on my times in the time trial mode and it feels good.

It feels good to compete against myself because I know I’m becoming a better player and I’ll stand a far better chance when racing against friends.

The battle mode is another ...

• part of the game I’ll spend hours on - again because the game doesn’t rely on item overkill for a good time.

Strategy is far more crucial in this Mario Kart than in any of the others, and that is a very good thing.

I really have to plan out clever and sometimes risky maneuvers - sometimes it pays off, other times it doesn’t, but no matter what the outcome, I always have a blast playing this game.

My only complaint is the

single-player mode.

I like the idea of an eight kart race, but the CPU cheats like you wouldn’t believe! They pull items out of no where - literally, and it’s items that human players like me can’t get, like fireballs and shrinking mushrooms! Plus, they all pretty much drive in a line, it’s like they are all connected on a rail.

Oh well, I still recommend this game if you have a friend to play it with - it can really get intense.

Intense, but fun!

Super Mario Kart

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282401577251231/k2311a0124/1.24.09