Electralog Fake Wood Stove  » Housewares  »
  • It is the only thing I do not like about this house - and I love my house
  • If someone hooked up a chimney pipe to it, I think most people would think it was real
  • It cost less than $100 and I would recommend it for anyone who misses a fireplace, and could use some extra heat

• by MaggieC

Last year my husband bought me a Christmas gift from Lowe’s that I absolutely LOVE. In our home we do not have a fireplace, and I really miss having a fireplace. It is the only thing I do not like about this house - and I love my house.

I also work

from home, and do a lot of my work from our den. The room gets rather chilly in the winter, even when the rest of the house is cold.

What my husband bought me was a Electralog fake wood stove. It is adorable.

It looks just like a small wood stove. If someone hooked up a chimney pipe to it, I think most people would think it was real.

It has several settings. One setting turns on the “fire”.

With this setting no heat is generated, but it looks like a real fire. Seriously! It looks amazingly like real flames flickering through the glass doors ...

• Electralog Fake Wood Stove
      of this wood stove.

To clarify, it does not look like a wood stove you cook on, but the kind used in cabins for heating. It is also a heater.

By flicking on the button that turns on the heater my room heats up instantly. The heater works great, but what I

use the most is the fire.

It is constantly on, and I love it. It cost less than $100 and I would recommend it for anyone who misses a fireplace, and could use some extra heat.

They make some that are more expensive, that have a little better looking log. But I still like mine.

Fran Lloyd says :

I have had a electric wood stove for 2 years now I love it, but my flame has stopped working, can it be repaired? lloyd43 shaw.ca

Galega says :

As you might know, the flame here is powered by a motor. There might be two issues in this case. First, some wires might have got loosened. Second, the motor is not working properly. You need to check these two issues.

Jann Miller says :

re : It cost less than $100 and I would recommend it for anyone who misses a fireplace, and could use some extra heat
I think it is visually very appealing, very pretty, makes your room homey and comfortable.

Jann Miller says :

Yes, quite possibly but I think that is not really needed. It looks real on its own.

Jann Miller says :

I absolutely agree, you get the benefits without all the work and mess.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532401577181231/k2311a0124/1.24.09