Scope Mouthwash
1.0
  • I certainly would not recommend it to any one

• by GenesisOne

I used to use Scope mouthwash for bad breath. I no longer do because now I use two other mouthwashes that fight bad breath plus provide other oral health benefits.

There are other reasons I stopped using Scope mouthwash though.

Scope mouthwash contains alcohol and I didn’t like the slight burning sensation that

I felt while using it or the way it left my mouth feeling.

After using this mouthwash, my mouth would a lot of times start to feel kind of dry after a while, and my mouth only felt this way when I used this mouthwash and I didn’t like it.

I had fresh ...

• breath, but a dry mouth, and I wasn’t happy with the trade off.

Another thing I didn’t like about the alcohol is there is research out there that warns people that regular exposure to the mouth with alcohol can potentially heighten the risk for oral cancer.

This research is disputed by such organizations

as the American Dental Association, but I certainly would rather not take the chance! There are better mouthwashes available and I’m using them to freshen my breath and much more all without alcohol - so I can’t understand why people would still purchase Scope.

I certainly would not recommend it to any one!

Judi Jones says :

I used Scope Whitening Mouthwash four days ago and my mouth has been sore and dry ever since. I don`t know if this is a common side effect, but not something I will use gain. My lips swelled and my tongue has a painful spot on top. I did not use it as normally I would, it was an after thought. I usually use the mouthwash, then brush and rinse my teeth. This morning, I was hurrying and brushed first and may not have rinsed as well as I should have, however, the pain has opened my eyes to the fact tht this may not be a safe product. My lips have been swollen since.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342301576971131/k2311a0123/1.23.09