Acuvue Oasis Contact Lenses  » Health  »
  • I was having a problem with my eyes drying out really bad when I'd wear my contacts

• by Betty Mack

I have been wearing Acuvue Oasis contact lenses for about 2 years now. I wore Acuvue 2 lenses for about 10 years before that. I was having a problem with my eyes drying out really bad when I’d wear my contacts.

It was so bad I could hardly wear them through a

whole day. I’d have to race home after work to take them out.

Forget about driving with the car window down. That was a death wish for my eyes.

Finally my eye doctor suggested switching to Acuvue Oasis lenses. They were supposed to allow for more moisture in your eyes.

I haven’t ...

• had nearly as much drying out since the switch. Once I ran out of contacts and I had an old pair of Acuvue 2 lenses to get me by.

I hadn’t realized just how much better the Acuvue Oasis lenses were until I put the old ones in. It felt like I

had rocks in my eyes.

I couldn’t even wear them the whole day. I have no idea how I wore those lenses for so long.

I guess my eyes just got used to them but after wearing Acuvue Oasis lenses I must of spoiled my eyes because they didn’t want to go back.

Nichole Campanale says :

re : I was having a problem with my eyes drying out really bad when I’d wear my contacts
    I also had really bad issues with my eyes drying out with contacts. I used to wear another type of Acuvue lenses. I tried dailies also, and these were not comfortable. My doctor recommended these as an alternative for dry eyes, and I was honestly dubious that another 2-week lens would be that much better than what I had previously been wearing (and avoiding). I honestly cannot believe the difference. I wear my lenses every day not (I used to wear mine once every 2 weeks or so, or for special occasions only). I am thrilled because I can wear sunglasses now. I live in Alaska, and it’s really dry here between the heat from my car and dry air blowing all day, I was so tired of dry eyes These are amazing lenses. If you have really dry eyes, I would highly recommend giving these a try. They are honestly better feeling than dailies and a better value.

Cherise Weldon says :

I just got a pair of Oaysis and I am having issues with blurring and double vision. Is this normal and how long will it take to clear up?

Jennifer Davis says :

That depends upon whether or not you are wearing the contacts correctly. If they are in correctly then the answer is no. This could mean an allergic reaction to the contacts. I would see your eye doctor. I have had to switch contacts several times and each of my bad experiences I have had double vision.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342301576941131/k2311a0123/1.23.09