Field Museum Chicago  » Travel  »
1400 S Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, I.L. 60605, United States of America
  • There are many interesting exhibitions that will awe you
  • If I stayed longer, I would definitely explore the museum again
  • I believe there are changed every few months
  • It was a memorable experience for me and I would love to visit the place again when I get the opportunity

• by RYS

If you have a chance to visit Chicago, the Field Museum is something that you should visit. There are many interesting exhibitions that will awe you. It is a great place to learn many facts and discoveries in our world. I spent one day over there until the museum nearly closed and I still wanted to see more. It was such an unfortunate that I only had limited time staying at Chicago. If I stayed longer, I would definitely explore the museum again.

The museum

is separated into different sections showing different exhibitions. There are some permanent exhibitions including ancient Americas, a huge taxidermy collection, rock and fossils, cultures from different regions, and evolving planet that shows how our earth keeps changing over time. The most prized permanent exhibition is “Sue”, the largest, most complete, and best preserved Tyrannosaurus. You should take a picture with her. It is located in the main hall so you will not miss her.

Besides these permanent exhibitions, there are also some temporary exhibitions. I ...

• believe there are changed every few months. When I visited the museum, the main temporary exhibition was about Egypt. There were various Egypt cultures and artifacts that I learnt. The museum even had partial structures of ancient Egypt buildings. It was really fascinating to walk around those tunnels while enjoying the exhibition. The most interesting part for me was of course the mummies. They were real and it was the first time I could see a mummy closely. It was exciting and scary at
        the same time. Can you imagine that the shriveled body was actually a human many centuries ago? I was imagining that I could see the spirit from the past, which gave me a creep.

Therefore, once again, if you are traveling to Chicago, Field Museum is a place that you cannot miss. There are many things that you will learn and your time will be spent worthwhile. It was a memorable experience for me and I would love to visit the place again when I get the opportunity.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382301576561131/k2311a0123/1.23.09