Mystery Science Theater 2000: The Movie  » Movies  »
  • I thought that every Mystery Science Theater was a movie, but that isn't really the point

• by Elton Gahr

I thought that every Mystery Science Theater was a movie, but that isn’t really the point. There really isn’t anything very special about this episode of “Mystery Science Theater” compared to any of the others, but then there doesn’t have to be.

Watching Mystery Science Theater is the next best thing

to sitting down and making fun of a movie with my friends and watching Mystery Science Theater with my friends is even better.

In the movie, they are making fun of “This Island Earth” and I have to admit, I had seen this movie before.

I’m a little ashamed of that,

• because it wasn’t to make fun of it.

It should have been, but it wasn’t I actually expected it to be good.

I don’t really know why, I had read the description and rereading it, it couldn’t have been much clearer if it had said, “This movie is horrible.

” Having been

watching Rifftrax (mp3’s made by the same people that synchronize with modern movies) this was a bit disappointing.

The humor is still there, but there just isn’t as much for them to riff on in a movie with no modern actors, and you certainly can’t beat comparing Jarjar to a mix of Roger Rabbit and Satan.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112201576270831/k2311a0122/1.22.09