Listerine Tooth Defense Anti-cavity Rinse  » Health  »
0.5
  • Listerine Tooth Defense Anti-cavity Rinse is not a product I recommend for a couple of reasons

• by GenesisOne

Listerine Tooth Defense Anti-cavity Rinse is not a product I recommend for a couple of reasons. The primary reason is it contains alcohol.

Alcohol-based rinses cause unpleasant burning sensations when used.

I dreaded using this rinse twice a day because of the discomfort, but I did so because of its anti-cavity benefits.

I stopped using

this rinse though when I heard that using alcohol-based rinses may heighten the risk of developing oral cancer.

Now, I’m aware that both the American Dental Association and the United States National Cancer Institute dispute such research, but there is research in dental journals that say there is sufficient and reliable evidence of a correlation ...

• between alcohol-based rinses and oral cancer and it’s a risk that I do not want to take.

There are other effective and better mouthwashes on the market when it comes to fighting cavities and bad breath that don’t contain alcohol.

Another reason I stopped using this product and all other Listerine products is because the

company lied to customers.

The company claimed that using their mouthwashes eliminated the need to floss.

That turned out to be false and was proven to be false.

For these reasons, I no longer use the Listerine Tooth Defense or any other Listerine product, and I do not recommend any of Listerine’s products to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342201575830831/k2311a0122/1.22.09