Dawn of the Dead  » Movies  »
  • One of the first things I noticed about this movie were the familiar faces of a few actors, especially after I watched it again just recently
  • One of these familiar faces I think people might recognize is Ving Rhames who people might know from movies such as I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry as the character Duncan , Mission Impossible 2 and 3 and even the movie Con Air
  • Nevertheless, there were also a few inexperienced actors and actresses there as well, but I thought they managed to balance each other out so that the movie did not emanate too much inexperience like just another B-movie

• by RedTape

What many people do not understand is that there are two versions of “Dawn of the Dead”. There is the one from 2004 which I have based my review on, and then, there is the one from 1978 which I have not watched. Dawn of the dead (2004) was one of a series of zombie movies to come out of Britain and Hollywood. However, the movie is one of my least favorite zombie movies.

The movie is about a plague, similar to the one from the movie “28 Days Later”

which attacks the people living in the United States, killing them and turning them into flesh eating zombies. It revolves around a few survivors of this plague who lock themselves in a shopping mall in order to escape the zombies temporarily.

One of the first things I noticed about this movie were the familiar faces of a few actors, especially after I watched it again just recently. One of these familiar faces I think people might recognize is Ving Rhames who people might know from movies such as “I now pronounce you ...

• Chuck and Larry” as the character “Duncan”, “Mission Impossible 2″ and 3 and even the movie “Con Air”. There is also Mekhi Phifer who many people might know from “E.R.” as “Dr. Pratt” and the movie “8 Mile.” Nevertheless, there were also a few inexperienced actors and actresses there as well, but I thought they managed to balance each other out so that the movie did not emanate too much inexperience like just another B-movie.

I didn’t have much thought about the script also as it wasn’t particularly impressive to me, and

neither was it terrible. I thought it was just okay, and I could watch the movie without looking confused or laughing.

Regardless, I thought the movie could have been worked on more. I was not sure why I did not enjoy it, but I did know that something about it seemed mediocre. Thinking about it now, I think a lot of what made it seem like that was the lighting. I think that the atmosphere should have been a little darker so that there could have been more of a foreboding feeling with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112201575820831/k2311a0122/1.22.09