Smart Scoop Automatic Litter Box  » Pets  »
0.5
  • I had really wanted an celf cleaning litter box, as I was sick of cleaning the old fashioned one all of the time

• by Tiffany

I had really wanted an celf cleaning litter box, as I was sick of cleaning the old fashioned one all of the time. So my Husband decided to buy me one for Christmas and I was so excited! I put it all togeather (Which actually took a little bit longer than expected, maybe about 10-15 minutes).

it ran it s first cycle, and I was impressed.

I sprayed the litter box with the “Fresher scent spray”

that was included, and sprayed the tines with the “No stick Spray”.

The first time my cat used the litter, the box started it’s 15 minute countdown to start cleaning.

When it finally started it’s cycle, the cat urine broke into a hundred pieces, and it stuck all over the tines! So I scraped it off and went on my way.

After about 2 more days, I realized that there was more feces around the litter ...

• box than there ever was in the old litter box.

So I cleaned it out and watched it go through another cycle, and the motor got stuck halfway through the cycle.

It tried to push itself through for about 10 minutes.

Finally when it scooped up the poop it pretty much flung it over the back of the box instead of into the compartment.

When it went back to the starting position, if pushed the poop

that it missed, behind the rake, making it impossible to pick up on the next cycle! After reading more reviews, I realized that there was an upgrade kit that they send you if you call them, with a better rake, and a new motor.

I waited another week, and still hadn’t received it, so I just gave up.

I had had enough of the litter on my floor, and the box being full of spread around poop and pee.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292101574981031/k2311a0121/1.21.09